Archived Struggling new flow member

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I started on the Flow team a few weeks ago, and my team leader has been getting on me hardcore about my speed and how slow I seem to be when pushing the sales floor and back stocking. It doesn't really seem like I'm that slow to me because a lot of the team members that have been there a while have been taking just as long as me. It almost seems like she wants me to be as fast as the people who have been there for years.

Are there ways that I can get better and work more efficiently? Any tips and tricks for getting faster?

Its my third week and I feel that she's expecting a lot, as I don't even know the store very well yet.

I'm seasonal and and hoping to stay on as a part time member after the holidays, but I'm not sure if that will happen with how my team lead seems to get onto me.

So I started on the Flow team a few weeks ago, and my team leader has been getting on me hardcore about my speed and how slow I seem to be when pushing the sales floor and back stocking. It doesn't really seem like I'm that slow to me because a lot of the team members that have been there a while have been taking just as long as me. It almost seems like she wants me to be as fast as the people who have been there for years.

Are there ways that I can get better and work more efficiently? Any tips and tricks for getting faster?

Its my third week and I feel that she's expecting a lot, as I don't even know the store very well yet.

I'm seasonal and and hoping to stay on as a part time member after the holidays, but I'm not sure if that will happen with how my team lead seems to get onto me.

Practice and time, learn different techniques, take any of the advice you get and use it. Your TL is expecting a lot out of someone who's probably never worked an overnight stocking team.. or well, 4am stocking team haha. You'll get the hang of it. You will eventually be able to know where things are, ready pick labels, different techniques to become faster etc.

You'll get there, ask your TL to take it a little bit easier on you, maybe because you're still learning. Don't be afraid to stand up to yourself, we're all paid hourly, they're paid to handle things and concerns like that.

Do you know how to read a label? @Hardlinesmaster , do you have that photo of how to read a label? Checkout in the guide forum the thread on flow team. It breaks down how to cut seconds off of each casepack. That time adds up quickly.

If you are opening case packs looking at an item and trying to find it on a shelf you are too slow. You need to be able to read a label find the correct place and unload that sucker. That is the difference between the flow team members my store is going to keep and the one getting cut right after christmas.

You'll get there, ask your TL to take it a little bit easier on you, maybe because you're still learning. Don't be afraid to stand up to yourself, we're all paid hourly,

Respectfully this is not the way to go about things. The last thing you want to give is an indication that you can't hack it or take criticism. By your second week you should start getting the hang of flow.

Ask your team lead how to improve. Saying they are too hard on you is a one way ticket out of a job. Especially as a seasonal

Respectfully this is not the way to go about things. The last thing you want to give is an indication that you can't hack it or take criticism. By your second week you should start getting the hang of flow.

Ask your team lead how to improve. Saying they are too hard on you is a one way ticket out of a job. Especially as a seasonal

Well you're not wrong. :p

@HRZone yes I know how to read a label and at the very least get to the general location on the item pretty quickly. It’s more of just a thing where I’m still getting used to the store and what is where.

One thing that my TL brought up to me is that I’m taking too many steps. Which I get and don’t disagree. I’m just having a hard time strategizing where to put the flat and what to grab because sometime i’ll think i’m done with a few aisles and then realize there’s a box way down in the bottom that I forgot and have to walk it all the way back down to the aisle I missed.

Thanks for all the helpful replies by the way!

Thanks for the tips everyone!

I talked to my TL and she said she would work with me on Friday and help fix some issues I was having in order for me to get faster. She appreciated that I came to her wanting to fix it and get better instead of just staying slow and bringing the team down.

It's hard to say
@HRZone yes I know how to read a label and at the very least get to the general location on the item pretty quickly. It’s more of just a thing where I’m still getting used to the store and what is where.

One thing that my TL brought up to me is that I’m taking too many steps. Which I get and don’t disagree. I’m just having a hard time strategizing where to put the flat and what to grab because sometime i’ll think i’m done with a few aisles and then realize there’s a box way down in the bottom that I forgot and have to walk it all the way back down to the aisle I missed.

I think this will come in time. You will learn the tricks as you go. I push GM and what I find helpful is to organize my cart by aisles and either bowl them out to their aisles or, say the store is open and you can't have random boxes sprinkled down the aisles, I take all the boxes for one aisle with me and work them all out. Make sure you keep your cardboard in a neat little pile fore easy clean up. Clean up all your cardboard and backstock before moving to the next aisle. When pushing H&B, I have seen (and not all stores allow this) tms take a shopping cart and load it with boxes for a few aisles that are next to each other and just work on all those as they zip around with the cart.
Ask you fellow tms if they have any tips, most of them will be happy to give you a few.
The fact that you are asking for help here shows you are trying and you care so I bet you are a good tm and, with time, will be a really great tm! :)

You should be saving those boxes for last. If you push 10 boxes from asile c10, then the others are in c37 but while there you find a C3 box, leave it for last. Take your backstock back and then add that box to your next flat.

What is probably happening is that your TL is always catching you running that lone box back and forth

@jb08045 yeah I'm betting that's whats happening. She also sees my flat full of boxes after a long time but most of the time that's just all my backstock but she doesn't know that and thinks I'm just taking forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back