Archived Stuck in the cash office?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any other cash office team members experience being stuck in the cash office for more than thirty minutes?

I do every time I work on here and its annoying. I don't even care about any extra time I'm getting because I just want to leave.

Stuck?

What part of the process are you stuck at? After I submitted the final count and prepped everything for the closing team, I'd close the safe and leave.

I mean after you are done counting.

At my store we can't just leave we have to wait for the Lod to come lock the safe and put the alarm on.

I don't think it's a good idea to comment on any individual store's CO procedures especially when it comes to entry, exit and alarms.

Super weird. We never had to wait. We locked the safe and left when we were done. After we're out, we'd radio the LOD that we were complete. They would then come and turn the alarm on.

After we're done we close the safe (which locks on it's own) and leave. I go cashier. Usually we tell the LOD we're done but not always.
Don't really get all of the paranoia surrounding this. It takes 2 door codes and the safe code to get to the money. How many people know those?

To take up extra time:
  1. put labels on coupon bags, write in store #.
  2. put yellow stickers and bank info on orange check bags. We ordered the packing list sticker envelopes to put the bank info into. I think it's B0129 or B0126 when ordering.
  3. make copies of the safe count and/or advance sheets. We have ours already filled in so we just keep copying them.
  4. take care of trash.
  5. dust, wipe down counter (it gets SO dirty!)

We used to just call the operator to ask the LOD to lock the CO... And then leave when done. Guess what? LOD would never come back to lock up!

New STL and he requires we wait to be let out. I call the operator and wait 10min before calling again. I have a smart phone so I just play on it while I wait. Sometimes I have to call 2-3 times before being let out... But at least the CO gets locked.

Our armored car guy HATES our store. If I'm still in the GSTL will ring me and I will let him in. But if I'm done, he's at the mercy of the LOD. Who may, or may not respond. Because there's a huddle... Or something. It's ridiculous. The LOD doesn't want to waste a few moments letting armored car in with a change order, or letting me out. So armored car leaves (without delivering change!) or I surf on my iphone for 30 min (paid)

Silly LOD

Our CO person just leaves when done. It's only armed at night at our store.

Our LODs generally work together to get someone there to let Garda in. One day a couple of weeks ago Garda left without dropping anything off because the LOD stopped to help a guest or two on his way up, and didn't call out for someone else to assist him. I've found an LOD only has to have Garda leave once on him/her and he/she will never let it happen again.

Yeah I wish we could just close the safe and leave when we are done. The lod seems to come later and later each day, I've had to wait up to an hour sometimes. COextraidinaire, that is exactly how it is at my store. They are really good about letting Garda into the co but when it comes to letting the cash office person out, it's at the bottom of their to do list. I think I must get at least 4 extra hours every week because they don't let me out when I'm done.

Most of the time I try to wait patiently and play on my phone but I think it's the fact that I can't just leave that causes a problem for me. It starts to feel like prison after awhile.

Is your store so flush with TMs on the floor and on the registers that they can just have you sit in the CO for an hour for funsies? I could think of a billion things we could have you do and actually be productive simply by letting you out within a couple minutes of you calling.

We used to just call the operator to ask the LOD to lock the CO... And then leave when done. Guess what? LOD would never come back to lock up!

New STL and he requires we wait to be let out. I call the operator and wait 10min before calling again. I have a smart phone so I just play on it while I wait. Sometimes I have to call 2-3 times before being let out... But at least the CO gets locked.

Our armored car guy HATES our store. If I'm still in the GSTL will ring me and I will let him in. But if I'm done, he's at the mercy of the LOD. Who may, or may not respond. Because there's a huddle... Or something. It's ridiculous. The LOD doesn't want to waste a few moments letting armored car in with a change order, or letting me out. So armored car leaves (without delivering change!) or I surf on my iphone for 30 min (paid)

Silly LOD

I was told the store will get "penalized" by the carrier company if there is no pick up or drop off completed at the store. The STL had to have a come to Jesus moment with the LODs about not having the armored carriers wait anymore. I think the STL got tired of a few of us having to leave the Service Desk to let the carriers into the CO.

I mean after you are done counting.

At my store we can't just leave we have to wait for the Lod to come lock the safe and put the alarm on.

That is peculiar... When I did it the only times they turned the alarm off/on was at 7am and at the end of the night.
The safe locked automatically... So all i had to do was close the door and then I was out

Our CO person just leaves when done. It's only armed at night at our store.

Our LODs generally work together to get someone there to let Garda in. One day a couple of weeks ago Garda left without dropping anything off because the LOD stopped to help a guest or two on his way up, and didn't call out for someone else to assist him. I've found an LOD only has to have Garda leave once on him/her and he/she will never let it happen again.

That used to frustrate the hell out of me. I called the LOD for guarda once... He showed up after 20 minutes (not an exaggeration) and was like "where'd they go?" And then got mad at me for wasting his time cuz apparently it was my job to make sure the guy didn't leave lol. it don't work like that

I call out as many times as needed for the LOD to acknowledge they heard me. I won't do call it out just once, have them not respond and then get blamed for the LOD not knowing they are here. After they respond, it is on them. But if the driver is beginning to look antsy, I will give a "LOD, they need to leave" shout out that basically says he/she had better either be around the corner from the service desk or at a dead run.

I always did that too, and I would repeat myself every 30 seconds until I got acknowledgement. That particular time he said he'd "be right there" which apparently means I'll be there in 20 minutes.

Is your store so flush with TMs on the floor and on the registers that they can just have you sit in the CO for an hour for funsies? I could think of a billion things we could have you do and actually be productive simply by letting you out within a couple minutes of you calling.

We aren't at all that's what so funny about it. They are quick to let me out if they actually need me to do something but if I'm just getting off after they don't move in a timely manner. I think it used to be that we could just close the safe and leave after we were done but our ETL AP is a little overzealous so she may be the reason why they have to come and lock it once we are done.

Geez, our pick-up doesn't usually happen until around 1-3pm. I'm never in there when they come.

When I saw the thread title, at first I thought it referred to being locked inside the cash office vestibule (a.k.a. the "mantrap").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back