Style Venting

So I’ve been at my store for almost 5 years, in those 5 years I’ve seen about 8 Style TLs be hired.. work for a couple months and then quit. Recently we got three new ones in, but I had to train them since they’ve never worked style before.. how is that fair? A couple of the people that have also worked in style for a while submitted applications to become TL but none of them got it. Leadership is falling apart in style for our store and it’s getting to be stressful. I’m constantly getting told by fellow coworkers that the TLs talk behind my back about how I do my area or VMG when I was the one who trained all of them for it. Does anyone else feel the same way?

I worked in Style/Softlines/Apparel/Whatevertheychoosetocallit for four years and this is one of the reasons I grew to hate the job. I'm assuming they don't want to promote from within because they don't want people with empathy to be in leadership.

I was sick and tired of having managers who didn't know what they were doing trying to tell me what to do and then throwing their team under the bus whenever something went wrong.

We had four Apparel ETLs in 4 years and everyone's fave TL who actually worked was forced (performanced) out for a TL that came from Carson's and wasn't even taught the basics of things like POGs and pricing before starting.

We also had 3 VMs during the four years I was there, but we spent a long time without one because they were having trouble finding someone they thought was qualified. Only two were good, but they left after a short while.

I still dont know why Target LOVES to hire outside of TL positions as well. I feel like we get alot of turnover at those positions and often times you have people who are working in that department training the person who will become their boss lol..its just so backwards to me

It’s been awhile since they hired someone within from our style department. that was the time when TLs in style were quiting and they where just desparate to have a body so they finally hired someone within. and honestly she’s been a our TL for years now and current our Closing TL since she is more experienced. Now we have new faces and hired from the outside. Personally for me it was easier to have someone you already know and know the real struggle of our daily operations because that person already experienced it first hand. Honestly, I think they should hire more within but then I know some of mg fellow coworkers do not even want to go for it because it’s too much work and would not want to get stressed out.

I'm so close to qutting now, it's honestly just become a huge gossip deparment now because there's so much back biting is ridiculous. I'm just trying to keep my head down until the holidays are over or we get new TLs in lol

Hope things get better! I try to do the same, just go in and get what I can get done and don't involve myself with the gossip. As long as you are doing your best, have good attendance and a good attitude you should be ok.

I'm so close to qutting now, it's honestly just become a huge gossip deparment now because there's so much back biting is ridiculous. I'm just trying to keep my head down until the holidays are over or we get new TLs in lol
exactly why I transferred workcenters, style got so unbearable it’s ridiculous

I was watching style and eaves dropping on their gossip while working the tv setup for bf.... fuuuck they are very well fed drama Llamas

I work part-time and since I am not there all the time I am not caught up with the dramas/gossips (I don’t even want to hahaha. Like do I really want to hear 2 style TMs fighting over the AP guy). I am not even on the chat group as well. And it’s been a drama work free life. Lots of our young TMs try to get close to our Style TLs and the TLs are loving it because they can ask those girls to do things for them etc. Me on the other hand not so much. I just came to work and get my $. I am respectful to my peers and mind my own business. I do what I need to do so they can’t talk crap about my job and they can gossip other things.

I work part-time and since I am not there all the time I am not caught up with the dramas/gossips (I don’t even want to hahaha. Like do I really want to hear 2 style TMs fighting over the AP guy). I am not even on the chat group as well. And it’s been a drama work free life. Lots of our young TMs try to get close to our Style TLs and the TLs are loving it because they can ask those girls to do things for them etc. Me on the other hand not so much. I just came to work and get my $. I am respectful to my peers and mind my own business. I do what I need to do so they can’t talk crap about my job and they can gossip other things.
Oh yeah I'm too old for that crap. It sucks because the ones flapping their gums are usually the ones who should just shut it and go do their own work, instead of complaining about others. It has always amazed me how people can't see the similarities between themselves and those they bitch about.

Back