Archived Success with hotline?

Status
Not open for further replies.
From another thread:
Yes, I have called several times and in some ways things did get better after I called. In my case you couldn't talk to the etls. stls, etl/hr. So the hotline was the last resort. Before you call, sit down and write out a rough outline of what your complaint is ( this may sound stupid but when you are nervous dates, names etc can be hard to think of ). ...the more specific your complaint is the more likely you are to see results. The hotline tells you that IF you give your name it isn't given out to the store ( unless you say they can) I don't trust them and never give them my name. I will never call out of anger or spite or because I just want to see someone get in trouble. I only call when there is a legitimate concern and no where else to go.
Thanks
Tgtguy

The hotline can be super helpful in cases of serious abuse.

"They won't post the schedule on time"

"They aren't letting us take the breaks"

"Our leaders are blocking fire exits"

"Our etl hr is dating a team member (happened in our group )"

Some people call for dumb reasons and those get shut down pretty quickly since the etl hr is the primary investigator.

As long as the etl hr can provide facts, grids, attendance etc. They are usually closed like any old guest complaint.

Our most recent was our team member who complained about her hours January wk 1 only getting 8 hours. When you are only available 10am to 2pm, Monday through Friday you're lucky you got more than one shift you entitled witch.

Anyways my etl sends them a copy of her availability and it's closed like nothing happened.

Last edited:
We’ve had one former team member who called to say we fired him without cause. First, he was in his 90 days. He had attendance issues and had multiple coaching about his performance. So his was open and shut.

Another instance is when a former team member called complaining that we withheld her final paycheck. The truth was she waited too late to pick it up and it was being mailed out, but she didn’t try to call us at the store before trying to call the hotline. And when I finally spoke to her on the phone, I just gave her HROCs number for a reissue

I personally will never use the hotline ever again. I went through the channels and as @tgtguy said in the thread, used the hotline as a last resort. I personally wanted to remain anyomous and rectify just how myself and others on my team were being treated. Long story short, word got back to the leader I had the complaint about and things got weird when working. Another reason I wanted to remain anyomous was to avoid the whole "weird" while working thing. The hotline has ZERO confidentiality in my case and have jaded at least me in regards to using it.

Anyone actually have success stories coming from using the Hotline?
One of our AP peeps ( I dont her exact title) was pissed that she didnt get her merit raise and wasnt explained the new raises. We had another tm who felt he was being bullied by GSTL, I know him I got him transferred to Hardlines but they were continuing to aggrivate him etc. ETL Hr wasnt helpful, she is her usual smh self (micromanaging and overbearing)

AP contacts Hotlines. He contacts Hotline after I suggest it. We get DTL visit that lasts for 2 hours. ETL isnt overbearing anymore, only micromanages when LOD and no other leadership is in store. AP gets raises. Dude gets left alone (he quit a month later because he is natl guard and got shipped out)

To be clear ETL hr had argument with ETL-GE in her office , and that ETL-LOG and her didnt get alone either. DTL knew this which is why she came.

Him, to bring down the fire, you have to be willing to stand in it. If you are unwilling to do that, the best course is to depart. Yes it takes courage but thats how it has to be done.

Him, to bring down the fire, you have to be willing to stand in it. If you are unwilling to do that, the best course is to depart. Yes it takes courage but thats how it has to be done.
Gives me hope when I hear stories like what you said @Flow Warrior. My thing with the hotline and others can chime in if they want, what would have happen if I was being physically abused?? My jade for the hotline comes at the BREACH OF CONFIDENTIALITY!! People might not realize this or take it lightly, but people's lives DEPEND on that. I use abuse to demonstrate the severity of the breach and what it could be for anyone.

what would have happen if I was being physically abused??
THIS is what would happen.

chuckpunch1.gif

Pretend that I'm Chuck Norris

The original intent of the hotline was for TMs to report dishonest activity of other employees (mostly internal theft). It of course has evolved over the years to cover much more.

Just my experience being in AP but I have seen several internal (and external) theft cases opened because of those tips. So yes it does work.

However it's hit or miss on other complaints. Mostly because people use it when there are much better options that should be pursued first. Best advice I can give is to try to work things out before calling. The hotline should be used as a last resort.

Gives me hope when I hear stories like what you said @Flow Warrior. My thing with the hotline and others can chime in if they want, what would have happen if I was being physically abused?? My jade for the hotline comes at the BREACH OF CONFIDENTIALITY!! People might not realize this or take it lightly, but people's lives DEPEND on that. I use abuse to demonstrate the severity of the breach and what it could be for anyone.
If you were being physically abused then you should be calling the police. That is a legal issue.

If you were being physically abused then you should be calling the police. That is a legal issue.
Obviously if had been, I would have gone to the police. I was using that as an example. I was not abused.

However it's hit or miss on other complaints. Mostly because people use it when there are much better options that should be pursued first.

Yup, like the team members who are afraid to ask their leader a question so they bypass them and go straight to the hotline.

Someone called the hotline over a sexual harassment case in my store, and while the hotline handled it well and handed the issue to HR, nothing has really happened since the baton was passed. HR even tried to find out who called the hotline from a few TMs, which I found weird. It’s been a few weeks. I’m not sure if this is a success or not.

Obviously if had been, I would have gone to the police. I was using that as an example. I was not abused.
Pretty bad example considering you questioned the confidentiality of the hotline and what would happen if you were physically abused all in the same paragraph.

And to be clear, I never said you were physically abused.

Someone called the hotline over a sexual harassment case in my store, and while the hotline handled it well and handed the issue to HR, nothing has really happened since the baton was passed. HR even tried to find out who called the hotline from a few TMs, which I found weird. It’s been a few weeks. I’m not sure if this is a success or not.

In all fairness these can be difficult to investigate especially with targets b.s. directives about pretty much requiring people to admit fault or be caught on camera before you can do anything to them.

I would hope if any tms see another tm being threatened in any way, they would immediately go to hr. We have had issues in the past with 2 or 3 tms picking on another tm. I spoke up and told them to knock it off. We had a tm fired because he was seen throwing boxes at another tm. Some of these flow guys act like they are "all that" but are really immature boys. They give me no shit cause I shut it down. I'm old enough to be their grandmother, lol

In all fairness these can be difficult to investigate especially with targets b.s. directives about pretty much requiring people to admit fault or be caught on camera before you can do anything to them.

What else can’t Target do if no one is willing to come forward and sign their name to a statement? You can’t fire someone because someone anonymously called a 800 number and accused them. If that happened, everyone would be making false reports on everybody and everybody would be fired.

What else can’t Target do if no one is willing to come forward and sign their name to a statement? You can’t fire someone because someone anonymously called a 800 number and accused them. If that happened, everyone would be making false reports on everybody and everybody would be fired.

I agree innocent until proven guilty but you can have 3 team members accuse a team member of something and if that tm doesn't crack and admit it they will often go Scot free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back