Archived super worried

Status
Not open for further replies.
a guest forgot to pay and i totally missed it bc she almost dropped her purchases (a bottle of wine) and i reached out to help her and my LOD and i caught it at the end of my shit (she was my last person on the till) and i'm kinda new so i'm worried about losing my job. should i be, or should i chill out especially bc she said to not worry about it? (this is my first mistake like this)

I would not worry too much about it. Just live and learn and try to not let it happen again. People make mistakes, that's being human. If it is a repeat thing, then you should probably worry more about it.

The LOD said not to worry because that one bottle of wine wasn’t the only thing that walked out the door that day. It never is. But this was a learning moment for you - you recognized what happened and what to do next time. Some situations that’s all we can do, learn how to better handle them next time.

I once had a couple who bought about $50 worth of stuff and I thought their card went through, bagged it up and wished them a good day. I turned back to the register and I realized I'd made a mistake but they were gone. I ended up voiding it all. I was new, it was an honest mistake and I never mentioned it. Nobody ever said anything and it was a few years ago. I didn't say anything because at first I was super embarrassed and I knew nothing could be done about it other than being told to be more careful, which I learned in spades that day. All that to say don't sweat it and move on. You have learned something and going forward you will be that much more careful I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back