Archived Surprise visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we had a surprise RVP visit today and he brought a different DTL to do the walk. He basically bashed our schedule saying that we needed more people on the floor in every area and the flow team pushing hardlines is the old way of doing things. Yada yada yada.

I thought end to end was dead. It sounds like that is exactly what they want. It is going to be interesting to see what comes of this.

So we had a surprise RVP visit today and he brought a different DTL to do the walk. He basically bashed our schedule saying that we needed more people on the floor in every area and the flow team pushing hardlines is the old way of doing things. Yada yada yada.

I thought end to end was dead. It sounds like that is exactly what they want. It is going to be interesting to see what comes of this.
Oh so DTL's are enforcing this end to end stuff?? Funny, at my store, the replenishment (Flow team) had to "help out" pushing, pulling and backstocking Market for the Market team. So does that mean the hours are going BACK to the workcenters they were taken from as well?

Yeah we started last year with the GOM, SL pushes their own truck and so does Electronics and beauty but then it stopped there and we were told E2E was a failed pilot. Then we are supposedly doing store modernization but we are never to say we are modernized. After today it sounds like full E2E is making it's way back. Make up your mind Target. I'm down for it so I can give the flow TL part of my salesfloor.

Grocery team is E2E at my store. All other teams are still in place the old way, but "instocks team" is scheduled as hardlines and softlines on their respective RFID day. POG team is scheduled under the dept they are resetting that day, etc. The specialty teams didn't go away, they're just harder to see on the books.

E2E isn't going to work until Target figures out how to take less time doing Logistics-related tasks. I think Spot thought it was going to be easier to transition into palletized freight and the eaches model than is has been. I assume Target's thinking was 'we will roll out E2E now to get all the stores familiar with the process, and shortly after, the unloads will be modernized so things will run how they are supposed to,' but that just hasn't happened so we are all stuck in Store Modernization limbo. Theoretically, when freight arrives ready to push, massive amounts of payroll will be saved from Logistics and be reallocated to maintaining the Salesfloor. However, we are still nowhere closer to going live on the new unload process than we were when E2E rolled out.

I think Spot thought it was going to be easier to transition into palletized freight and the eaches model than is has been. I assume Target's thinking was 'we will roll out E2E now to get all the stores familiar with the process, and shortly after, the unloads will be modernized so things will run how they are supposed to,' but that just hasn't happened so we are all stuck in Store Modernization limbo.
It would have been so much easier to just let palletized freight or eaches replenishment roll out and let existing flow teams take care of it before transitioning to this shit.

E2E isn't going to work until Target figures out how to take less time doing Logistics-related tasks. I think Spot thought it was going to be easier to transition into palletized freight and the eaches model than is has been. I assume Target's thinking was 'we will roll out E2E now to get all the stores familiar with the process, and shortly after, the unloads will be modernized so things will run how they are supposed to,' but that just hasn't happened so we are all stuck in Store Modernization limbo. Theoretically, when freight arrives ready to push, massive amounts of payroll will be saved from Logistics and be reallocated to maintaining the Salesfloor. However, we are still nowhere closer to going live on the new unload process than we were when E2E rolled out.

Move goes live soon... I'm predicting that makes freight push take even longer.

Grocery team is E2E at my store. All other teams are still in place the old way, but "instocks team" is scheduled as hardlines and softlines on their respective RFID day. POG team is scheduled under the dept they are resetting that day, etc. The specialty teams didn't go away, they're just harder to see on the books.
Grocery is the only team that makes sense to be E2E. Maybe train all responsible Flow TMs how to backstock (appropriately) and maybe salesfloor too but that's it. If you have time and you're a good TM you can help by just backstocking a product with it's already located dpci or just a good spot and change the whole dynamic of the store by doing so. Our electronics and beauty TMs all backstock what they can. Can't say the same for softlines. LOL *roll my eyes*

Grocery is the only team that makes sense to be E2E. Maybe train all responsible Flow TMs how to backstock (appropriately) and maybe salesfloor too but that's it. If you have time and you're a good TM you can help by just backstocking a product with it's already located dpci or just a good spot and change the whole dynamic of the store by doing so. Our electronics and beauty TMs all backstock what they can. Can't say the same for softlines. LOL *roll my eyes*
I must say I like the "idea" of a "good tm" backstocking what they had pushed. However, you, I and about Half the Breakroom know we have 'tools' for team members and going to get the ones that don't care and mess up location accuracy. Whoever backstocks NEEDS to know what they are doing.

End to End is the negan of Target. It isnt dead nor is it going to be for a while and it carries a baseball bat with it.

I must say I like the "idea" of a "good tm" backstocking what they had pushed. However, you, I and about Half the Breakroom know we have 'tools' for team members and going to get the ones that don't care and mess up location accuracy. Whoever backstocks NEEDS to know what they are doing.
I actually caught a hardlines tm the other day going in an aisle while I was doing pulls and I was listening for their device to beep to indicate I trust they are pulling it. Nope. I stop them and ask if they removed it from the location with their mydevice. They say yes. I say okay and trust them because sometimes people mute the mydevice, but I scan the product anyway and let them go to the salesfloor. Check the location. Nope. Still located. What a guy. Those people shouldn't even enter the backroom unless they are taking care of their cardboard. But let's be serious the ones who just pull product from a location without unlocating it are the same ones who leave cardboard at the baler. Jackasses.

Last edited:
I actually caught a hardlines tm the other day going in an aisle while I was doing pulls and I was listening for their device to beep to indicate I trust they are pulling it. Nope. I stop them and ask if they removed it from the location with their mydevice. They say yes. I say okay and trust them because sometimes people mute the mydevice, but I scan the product anyway and let them go to the salesfloor. Check the location. Nope. Still located. What a guy. Those people shouldn't even enter the backroom unless they are taking care of their cardboard. But let's be serious the ones who just pull product from a location without unlocating it are the same ones who leave cardboard at the baler. Jackasses.
Maybe he thinks he did it right, and just needs to be taught the right way. Maybe he pulled 1, and there were incorrectly 2 stowed into that location. Did you check these possibilities before concluding that he just doesn't give a crap?

Maybe he thinks he did it right, and just needs to be taught the right way. Maybe he pulled 1, and there were incorrectly 2 stowed into that location. Did you check these possibilities before concluding that he just doesn't give a crap?
Yes a person can be showed several times how to do a process correctly. The thing is unless they are "called out" or my personal favorite, "coached" on something they did wrong, they will not care!! Unless it affects someone's workcenter directly, people just don't care. I personally don't work at the front end. Hats off to everyone that does. But I care about the front end making their red card goals. And staying green. How does that affect you @Him?? I'm glad you asked. Because now I will in turn have some better equipment come in the future, a new tm to help me with my job down the road. We just think, oh I just work for me!! In actuality, we all help one another whether you admit it or not!! Sorry for the long rant!!!:rolleyes::cool:

Q4 2017 in one paragraph

I taught him to pull a TV once with take on the mydevice and then retaught him again for some sterilite once. He is a true genius of not giving a fuck. =P I would never assume a team member to be like that without giving them a few chances. I know what you mean. I actually haven't caught them doing it again but I don't always work with them since their availability is so closed. They're cool and not stupid. If I see them grabbing product again though I will definitely ask them if they remember how to remove product properly. I assume he knows but maybe he did forget even though I showed him twice. Also caught him in a backroom aisle on his phone but I didn't say shit because I can't be bothered fucking with someone elses livelihood.

Last edited:
I can't be bothered fucking with someone elses livelihood.

Personally I view it as them messing with mine. I've already taught more than a few how to pull and backstock correctly at multiple stores. If you can't learn then I'm having a conversation with your supervisor and letting them know if they can't handle doing their core roles then I'm writing them up. The next time it happens.

We had a meeting that put the focus onto selling and guest servicing rather than filling the floor or worrying about how many u-boats are on the line. How embarrassing it must be to be a market TM and have to excuse yourself to the line so you can get them a jar of prego off a uboat that no one worked from 2 trucks ago?

Personally I view it as them messing with mine. I've already taught more than a few how to pull and backstock correctly at multiple stores. If you can't learn then I'm having a conversation with your supervisor and letting them know if they can't handle doing their core roles then I'm writing them up. The next time it happens.

I wish I had a flow TL who could follow through with this. My newest flow TL just kinda lets things slide because they are basically just a leader by name...not ability, skill or confidence. When the team doesn't push properly they just go back and repush it themselves instead of directly coaching the people that we KNOW are not doing their job. Then we have a huddle every so often and the TL mentions it politely to the team and says they don't want to single anyone out blah blah blah...just single them out and SHAME THEM. I feel like if I spoke up during the huddle and pointed the two worst offenders out I would just get coached for being a dick. I wouldn't call them out like an asshole I'd just stand up and say "x1 and x2 are both leaving stuff unpushed and calling it backstock, they dont pull product to the front when they push and completely ignore when something is not zoned right so they just backstock it instead of attempting to backstock the over push/flex so they can fill the location with the intended product" and just ...helping the store out a bit by actually doing what you are paid to fucking do jdsflaksdfjkhsadfjhsafjdhsda I could go on...and I know the folks who do this shit don't visit this site...usually...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back