Archived Switching Between Flex "SHP##" Carts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completing OPU and Drive Up batches still feels more complex than it has to be. When you're in a batch, you have to complete the batch before you can get back to the main screen to see how much is left or to start on another order. Unless, you decided to hit "exit." But this, unfortunately, has become a taboo in our store because of a glitch.

Most of the time exiting out of a cart is as smooth as hitting exit, tapping yes on the "are you sure" and then hopping back in by scanning the barcode. But once in a blue moon, it will exit you out of the cart AND think that you're still in the cart. This becomes a real problem because no one is able to access the cart that was working on the batch until the cart misses goal time. Not even the team member who was using it. This glitch happens when exiting and sometimes when entering carts.

We've tried rebooting the my device, logging in another my device to try to get in, having a different team member log in, etc.

Instead, we just keep getting an error message "cart is already in use. (Epick - 10008)" until an order in the cart misses goal time.

Is there a way to kick this "ghost" out of the cart as a team member, TL, or ETL?

It's frustrating because sometimes when there is only one flex team member, it's helpful to use two carts at once so you can get all the items in the backroom, then market, etc. Without having to go through the store multiple times for each cart.

Example of this technique: open one cart shpAA, get all of the backroom items. Exit the cart, and then open another cart shpBB to get all of the backroom items. Then get all of the market items for BB, exit out and then get all the market items for AA,... Repeat process until both carts are done and then stow them away in the flex room.

This happens to me a lot. What i do is call CSC and go through the prompts. And once you are speaking to someone let them know you have a cart on ePick that is stuck and need it to be released. Then they ask for the cart name so it'll be AA if you're in cart SHPAA and they will release it.
This clears the cart and drops the batch or batches back into epick. Then you have to "re-pick" everything meaning that all the stuff you picked from the backroom will have to be picked again from the backroom locations. That's when I will just make barcodes of the locations and just scan things out.
So while this works it's not really a solution to the missed goals because it only works if the batch is small and you can pick it again quickly. If it's big and you need to rescan a lot of backroom locations it's going to be a missed goal.
Someone on reddit said that they saw a button on the epick mainpage where you go to sign out above it it let's you release a cart but i have looked for it and have not seen it. Maybe its on the newer update to epick and my store hasn't received it yet.

Just a tip, I don’t think this will fix the problem but not sure if you’re aware that you don’t have to scan carts at all, you can enter a paused cart by clicking the ‘no cart tied’ in the top left and typing in the cart. I doubt it would fix it but it’s nice to know.

This happens to me a lot. What i do is call CSC and go through the prompts. And once you are speaking to someone let them know you have a cart on ePick that is stuck and need it to be released. Then they ask for the cart name so it'll be AA if you're in cart SHPAA and they will release it.
This clears the cart and drops the batch or batches back into epick. Then you have to "re-pick" everything meaning that all the stuff you picked from the backroom will have to be picked again from the backroom locations. That's when I will just make barcodes of the locations and just scan things out.
So while this works it's not really a solution to the missed goals because it only works if the batch is small and you can pick it again quickly. If it's big and you need to rescan a lot of backroom locations it's going to be a missed goal.
Someone on reddit said that they saw a button on the epick mainpage where you go to sign out above it it let's you release a cart but i have looked for it and have not seen it. Maybe its on the newer update to epick and my store hasn't received it yet.
Do the items go back to their location? For instance, if you pulled chips from location 01a020b20 and it was the last bag in that location. When you call csc, the cart disappears and the order drops back in. If I jump back into cart AA and those chips come up, would they come up in that same location? That could make things easy if you have a barcode generator lol

Last edited:
Just a tip, I don’t think this will fix the problem but not sure if you’re aware that you don’t have to scan carts at all, you can enter a paused cart by clicking the ‘no cart tied’ in the top left and typing in the cart. I doubt it would fix it but it’s nice to know.
Yeah that's usually how I switch between carts, but that doesn't work in this scenario because the cart thinks it's in use by someone. For instance, if person A tries to get into a cart person B is in, the error message would come up saying the cart is in use. If person A closes the app, person A will still be in the cart so person B can't get into it but person A can get into it using"no cart tied." Most of the time, exiting the cart will leave the cart so either person A or person B can use it by doing that no cart tied.

But in this case, it's like the cart glitches out and says someone is still in the cart but neither person A or B can get in. It's almost as if Epick thinks there is a person C in the cart that doesn't exist and won't let anyone but person C get into the cart until they miss goal time. It's a really annoying glitch because then we're just watching the cart until it misses goal. Lol which really sucks

Last edited:
Yeah, never exit a cart. If you really, truly need to start a second pick while you are already in one, then grab another TM's device for a few to do it.

What I generally do when I'm getting slammed and something new drops is to ask the first TM I see to check epick for me so I don't have to exit out. That'll let me know how big the order is. If I think I might need to do both orders at once, then I'll take their device, enter it into my dummy cart I don't actually have on me, pick the order as I go, and then get the device back to the TM.

Do the items go back to their location? For instance, if you pulled chips from location 01a020b20 and it was the last bag in that location. When you call csc, the cart disappears and the order drops back in. If I jump back into cart AA and those chips come up, would they come up in that same location? That could make things easy if you have a barcode generator lol
From what i can remember they do go back to the backroom locations you originally scanned them from. It hasn't happened recently so i dont know if anything has changed. The last two times it happened it was items from the floor so it didnt really make a difference.

Yeah, never exit a cart. If you really, truly need to start a second pick while you are already in one, then grab another TM's device for a few to do it.

What I generally do when I'm getting slammed and something new drops is to ask the first TM I see to check epick for me so I don't have to exit out. That'll let me know how big the order is. If I think I might need to do both orders at once, then I'll take their device, enter it into my dummy cart I don't actually have on me, pick the order as I go, and then get the device back to the TM.
I appreciate the advice, and it's something I didn't think of, but having to use two mydevices in order to fix this problem sounds like a way to avoid the problem instead of a way to solve it. Also using someone else's mydevice sounds like it could lead to accountability issues.

It SHOULD be as simple as exiting a cart and scanning back into it. And usually, like 99 times out of 100, it works super smoothly. But for the 1 out of 100 times, there should be some kind of kill switch that knocks whoever is in the Epick cart out.

From what i can remember they do go back to the backroom locations you originally scanned them from. It hasn't happened recently so i dont know if anything has changed. The last two times it happened it was items from the floor so it didnt really make a difference.
I'll give an update if it happens again and if I try your technique

In my store we exit batches all the time. There's only one sfs on shift who does drive up, opu, and sfs. They have to exit a sfs batch constantly to get the 10 FAs & Driveups that suddenly drop in. They just use the 'no cart tied' button to get back in after. Pulls your in progress batch right up with no probs. When the ETLs or Talk hop in to help our one sfs TM when FAs are heavy we all use it and make up a cart to run n get the order.

In my store we exit batches all the time. There's only one sfs on shift who does drive up, opu, and sfs. They have to exit a sfs batch constantly to get the 10 FAs & Driveups that suddenly drop in. They just use the 'no cart tied' button to get back in after. Pulls your in progress batch right up with no probs. When the ETLs or Talk hop in to help our one sfs TM when FAs are heavy we all use it and make up a cart to run n get the order.

Yeah that usually works, but with this glitch they're talking about, exiting a batch can create a ghost cart that no one can access and the only way to clear it that we've found is to call CSC.

In other words, exiting the batch has a chance of leaving you, or anyone else, unable to get back in without a call to CSC, which probably means a missed goal. So if you want to make goal on all your orders, the best bet is to pick all the batches 1 at a time instead of doing the juggling that most people normally do.

We unfortunately can't afford not to juggle. Sfs has to do drive up and opu and there's only one TM on til at least 1 or 2pm. First 2 hours are just getting all opu & du cleared out. It's often 10 or 11 am before they even get into the first sfs batch. This is supposed to change with the new op model but right now they have to exit to meet opu and du goals.

Yeah that usually works, but with this glitch they're talking about, exiting a batch can create a ghost cart that no one can access and the only way to clear it that we've found is to call CSC.

In other words, exiting the batch has a chance of leaving you, or anyone else, unable to get back in without a call to CSC, which probably means a missed goal. So if you want to make goal on all your orders, the best bet is to pick all the batches 1 at a time instead of doing the juggling that most people normally do.
Incorrect if you are the person who exit the batch you can go right back in if you tap on the no cart tied . And also if it’s yiu who exit the cart you have to log out completely out of the mydevice in order for the batch to be released to someone else.

Incorrect if you are the person who exit the batch you can go right back in if you tap on the no cart tied . And also if it’s yiu who exit the cart you have to log out completely out of the mydevice in order for the batch to be released to someone else.

Sure, normally.

What we are talking about here is a bug that doesn't allow that to happen. The only way to recover these batches once you exit is by calling CSC.

I heard that, after a recent update, there is now a fix in the Epick app. Haven't gotten a chance to try it out yet. It seems like the same thing CSC would do (clear the cart and redrop the orders) but without having to call CSC

I dont think every store has that update yet so if you dont you still have to call.
I use it a lot. It will drop any unfinished orders back into the batches. So if you have already picked 2/3 items of a persons order it will drop those 2 back in, but not clear the whole cart, if that makes sense. This is for sfs, ive never had it happen for opu's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back