Archived Switching shifts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a new-ish cashier, been there about 2 months. I've been getting way more hours than I need, and don't want to request less until my 90 days are up. I said I could work 20-25 at the most and have been getting 37-40 since I started. They agreed to 25 and said it would be extremely rare if I got more. Not a huge deal because I could use the money but in a month I want it changed.

Ok so, for some reason a full time TM who wants 40 hours is only getting 30 or less, and I'm part time and getting what I mentioned above. Am I able to switch shifts with her to, in a return get a day off? I'm a little confused about the whole exchanging shifts etc. Can you take someone's day off and they get your work day? All my past jobs if you ended up not being able to work a day you'd tell a manager and they'd arrange something themselves. So I'm a bit lost. Besides, she needs the hours and I don't. Sorry for the long post!

Yes, you can just give up your shift. Put it on the swap board, and have the other cashier turn up for it. It's called the swap board, but you can just give one up too.

Yes, you can just give up your shift. Put it on the swap board, and have the other cashier turn up for it. It's called the swap board, but you can just give one up too.

Oh ok.. thanks! If no one claims it, or whatever, I have to work it though right?

Correct. You are still responsible for the shift until another TM claims it and HR approves the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back