Archived Switching to Food Ave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owl

My food ave TL wants me to switch to work with her. I've read a lot on this site about how annoying it is to work FA, but I really want out of market, so my question is...is it a trap? Am I going to hate it or should I give it a shot?

It all depends on you Food Ave volume & condition, team, and store leadership. And depending on the payroll and operation times, hours can suck.

I have worked in high sales FA+PHE and I was always busy. Then there were the basic FA where I could be busy at times then nothing for hours.

Some FAs, I had a great team or select team members who prep for each other, and follow the weekly cleaning guide. While others didn't have a good team or select TMs. There have been times I came in with pretzels still in the warmer, counters with huge dried syrup spots, popcorn still in the machine, or good food was left out all night.

Some store leaderships will use FA as a blackhole. They will either ship their problematic TMs there, or they will move their non-suck up TMs there. And because you will usually work alone, you don't get a whole lot of recognition other than from your FATL.

I was put in Food Ave because I was new on a transfer and they needed help. But because I worked hard and made sure I left everything green to the best of my ability for a falling apart FA, other leadership wanted me back there all the time. Thus I was in a black hole. Little to no recognition.

Last edited:
I don't mind little recognition...I get that now lol. I will also be starting school full time in January and will have to go 20 hours or less per week, so that's not an issue for me either. I guess I'm mostly just worried about the actual FA tasks... I've never worked anywhere that I had to prep food, cash people out, and clean up, etc. Is it hard to keep up? I'm worried I'll mess up a lot..

Like every area, once you get your routine down it can be cake.
If your FATL wants you, that's a good sign that they have faith in your abilities & aren't just looking for a warm body.
You'll also get out at least an hr or 2 before the rest of the store even if you're closing ;)

If your FATL wants you, that's a good sign that they have faith in your abilities & aren't just looking for a warm body.
You'll also get out at least an hr or 2 before the rest of the store even if you're closing ;)
Yeah that's a plus lol. I always close so leaving early sounds great to me :)

Not always true. At my store after Food Ave closes. That team member is required to help zone, cashier, reshop, etc.

Our food ave person gets to leave after they get food ave done and the LOD walks it. I wouldn't do food ave for three reasons...1) the cleaning. 2) our food ave is a dead zone...and will be more so when they remove even more food later this month and 3) it would require learning Starbucks...which scares the hell out of me.

It's to hot in food ave for me. I would never want to do it on a full time basis.. I don't even like covering breaks, especially in the summer...

And I don't like the hair nets

It's to hot in food ave for me. I would never want to do it on a full time basis.. I don't even like covering breaks, especially in the summer...

And I don't like the hair nets

Couldn't you just wear a hat? Our Food Ave TMs wear dark baseball hats with a bullseye logo.

Ugh. Hat hair. Ours wear the baseball caps as well. I worked in the food business a bit before Spot (pizza place from hell) and I had to wear a hat for the first couple of months I was there...until they stopped enforcing it for those of us who only entered the kitchen to grab the food off the ovens. And in those few months, just working three days a week I ended up with horrible hat hair. I hope to never go back to that.

Ugh. Hat hair. Ours wear the baseball caps as well. I worked in the food business a bit before Spot (pizza place from hell) and I had to wear a hat for the first couple of months I was there...until they stopped enforcing it for those of us who only entered the kitchen to grab the food off the ovens. And in those few months, just working three days a week I ended up with horrible hat hair. I hope to never go back to that.

I figured hat hair would've been the least of your worries at the pizza place. :D

Yep, dealing with hat hair on a daily basis.....Pizza hut or Starbux.

I didn't mind Food Ave too much before we switched over to just a Starbucks.

It is true, though. A lot of things play into it and each store varies.

I had 3 other people back in Food Ave and we all got along. We shared the cleaning tasks so no one was stuck doing everything all the time. The prepping isn't terrible and a long as you're comfortable talking to guests all day, you're set. The training isn't bad and I honestly had a good time back in FA.

It's definitely worth a shot if you want something new and you're ready to sanitize every surface of FA constantly!

...That sounds negative. I promise its not meant to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back