Archived Taking a "Leadership" class

Status
Not open for further replies.

LilMissVO

I'm not bad. I just sound that way...
So my store's going to be holding what was described as a "team lead development" meeting thing coming up soon and I signed up cause I know a lot of the TLs and ETLs like me, and I want to learn more about being a TL. Has anyone else been to/heard of one of these kinds of classes?

I went through the classes. You learn a lot about how Target leadership works. More importantly, the leadership team will start taking you much more seriously and possibly fast track you to get signed off.

I haven't heard of this. I'm not particularly interested in leadership at the moment. Because currently my only option would be GSTL, which I don't want to do. However, I'm still interested in the classes. Can I take this without wanting to to be a TL?

I haven't heard of this. I'm not particularly interested in leadership at the moment. Because currently my only option would be GSTL, which I don't want to do. However, I'm still interested in the classes. Can I take this without wanting to to be a TL?

Why would you take a leadership course at Target that's designed to help you become a team lead when you don't want to be a team lead?

Anyway, if your store is holding the class, I'm sure you could fake it long enough to at least attend the class.

Why would you take a leadership course at Target that's designed to help you become a team lead when you don't want to be a team lead?

Anyway, if your store is holding the class, I'm sure you could fake it long enough to at least attend the class.

Because I still think I could benefit from those leadership skills. Im also just curious because then I couls understand the TLs at Target more.

Unsure about drinking the kool-aid but would like to understand the concept a lot better than I do now. Not really management material and don't think many above think so either

Currently in one at the moment, several pointers:
-come prepared to discuss ideas/store sales/your team with other high-performing peers.
-bring back ideas and what was discussed, to your leadership team at your store.
-most importantly, absorb all you can, and network while you are there so you can gain new perspective/motivation. these are people just like you with similar goals, problems, and maybe solutions that can possibly work for your own store. it's not that serious, enjoy it. Your store picks the best of the best to attend these meetings, so its YOUR day to get out and feel invigorated.

Whether you want to be team lead or not, it would be a good idea because you can learn managerial techniques. My store hasn't offered this since I started. Much upset. Good luck and learn as much as you can!

We have these in our district. I was promised by my ETL-HR that I would get to go to one but that was months ago and no discussion of it since.

I have yet to see a class in our store, though I've only been there a year. I would definitely be interested in seeing how I can help our process and getting a better perspective on how target works.

There should be store talent days happening everywhere to help groom eager TMs into leaders. And district talent days to send prospects to leadership assessments and connect them with execs from other stores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back