Taking A Pay Cut But Ok With It

Hello everyone! I start orientation tomorrow and my position will be as a Beauty Consultant. I’m super excited!
My situation may be different than most. I’ve worked in retail for a good portion of my adult life mainly working for luxury retailers.
Along with a lot of positive posts, I’ve seen a lot of negative posts... especially in regards to the changes Target is going through, but let me offer a different perspective.
While working at my last employer, I’d be lucky if I would get two assist on 2 people a day. The rest of the time I’d be standing around trying to look busy. Mind you, I was paid an hourly plus commission. We were constantly under stress to make our personal sales goals. If we didn’t make it for 3 months in a row were were terminated.
Other than actively developing relationships with my clients, inviting them to this store event or that designer trunk show, it all boiled down to luck... the worst part was the boredom. So when you can see that the client we assisted did most and f his/her shopping on-line, it makes you wonder.
I look forward to being with a company that seems to be keenly aware of how people shop and is trying to do something about it.
Face it, most people would rather buy on-line. The only thing we as sales associates were required to do was sell and look stylish.
No stocking, no web fulfilling, no merchandising. Can you imagine how much money is being wasted by having these various teams when the store is essentially a very artfully decorated warehouse?
When I heard all that was required for my duties at Target I just about jumped for joy! There is one thing to make good money.., they were paying me twice as much an hour to stand around most of the day, but putting in a honest day’s work is a totally different ballgame.
Maybe I’ve already drunk the kool-aid, but retail needs to be relevant, because it’s changing faster than we know.
I appreciate how the Target changes are attempting to shift how customers ( guests, I know) like to shop, yet keep people employed as well.
So, the grass isn’t always greener😝

original.gif

Welcome-Aboard-Devid-Tennant-On-Doctor-Who.gif

Back