Archived Taking Time Off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So i've never needed to take more than a couple days off from target since i started but now i'm looking at going to overseas for a couple of weeks later this year. The time i'm going is not a busy time at target (planned this way on purpose) so i was hoping that'd make it easier on them. I plan on going in to talk to my ETL on monday but I was wondering if there's a max amount of time that you can take off without taking an LOA? I'm trying to figure out if they're going to give me a hard time about going or if i'm stressing too much. They kind of know that i've been planning on going but i have a new etl and she doesn't.. anyways, what do you think the chances are of getting two- two 1/2 weeks off?

During college, I had to take two weeks off for surgery and recovery back in my hometown. I had to sign a new availability for ALL UNAVAILABLE for those two weeks attached a doctor's note.

But talk to your ETL and HR, they will figure it out.

If my store's anything like yours, it'll probably be fine, as long as there's coverage. Although, one time I took a week off when there really wasn't coverage (because they didn't want to train anyone else for instocks), and they still approved it.

thanks guys! I actually talked to her today and everything is fine. She said "don't worry about it and have fun!".

This is misinformation, as an HOURLY TM, you are only allowed to be gone for 3 days before your absence is technically a Leave of Absence. It used to be 2 weeks before you'd be on a "leave" call the TBC's LOA department for clarification. Officially speaking you are supposed to be put out on a leave if you are going to be gone for more than 3 days.
So i've never needed to take more than a couple days off from target since i started but now i'm looking at going to overseas for a couple of weeks later this year. The time i'm going is not a busy time at target (planned this way on purpose) so i was hoping that'd make it easier on them. I plan on going in to talk to my ETL on monday but I was wondering if there's a max amount of time that you can take off without taking an LOA? I'm trying to figure out if they're going to give me a hard time about going or if i'm stressing too much. They kind of know that i've been planning on going but i have a new etl and she doesn't.. anyways, what do you think the chances are of getting two- two 1/2 weeks off?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back