Talent Day

Hello! My store is having a talent day for TLs who want to become ETLs. I have a lot of talking points about business, strengths, opportunities, and operations but I’m not sure what they might want in the infamous 60-second elevator commercial pitch. What sort of major accomplishments should I include in it? I would appreciate any help or examples. :)

There’s no real guide they go by for talent days. They’ll ask whatever questions they want to ask. My district recently had one for ETLs and they divided it up between GM/S&E/Specialty Sales questions. My advice would be to have your answers focused around total store versus just a single work center. Ensure your responses are higher scope (developing your peers/leaders, creating solutions/improving processes, etc) Most importantly, you want your personality and authenticity to show. Hope this helps.

It’s based on the new etl interview guide which is no longer star questions and more dialogue. For example How do you facilitate solutions to accomplish company goals . How do you retain talent ( thru training , desired hours etc) . They can ask anything from what motivates you to how you inspire your team.

Back