Archived Talent Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, wondering if you guys can throw me some pointers. I'm currently a TL and I want to promote to Sr TL. It's possible, because I know my district has a great track record for promoting TL's. I know I need improvement with managing some newer tm's and helping to create those reliable and knowledgeable tm's. I'm thinking giving them feedback on a bi-weekly basis. Is that too much, worth the effort, any recommendations or ideas?? How do you other TL's motivate tm's to go above and beyond? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to improve!

@60SecondsRemaining if you have a strong team, it's more than possible. but I see your point.

Maybe if you're a salesfloor senior, but as a process senior its almost impossible to achieve consistently high results unless you have strong peers who are able to support you. I was lucky that I had a strong Price/Pres senior and an AP senior who were able to support my process. But without that peer partnership I would have drowned.

Every store in my area (mine included) is super high volume, and most of the Sr TL's work 1 LOD shift a week. How can do I work towards the position? My sales floor is in pretty good shape, but besides talking with ETL HR I'm not sure how to go about it...

One thing you need to consider when going for a Sr. TL.

Can you get done in 25 hours what you used to get done in 40? When you are LOD, you can't isolate yourself in your work center doing tasks that you used to partake in. Do you have people trained to do your PTM, clearance, sales planners? Sr. TL in most stores in my district do 3 LOD per week, plus have go to the weekly ETL meeting. So in all that's one full shift and 2 more. So at least 15 hours out of your area.

Every store in my area (mine included) is super high volume, and most of the Sr TL's work 1 LOD shift a week. How can do I work towards the position? My sales floor is in pretty good shape, but besides talking with ETL HR I'm not sure how to go about it...

If your DTL or above showed up for a visit, could you walk the visit and speak to what is going on in the whole store? YTD/WTD sales, sales comp, top/bottom areas, current wins/opps, turnover, what is going on in each work center.....

If your DTL or above showed up for a visit, could you walk the visit and speak to what is going on in the whole store? YTD/WTD sales, sales comp, top/bottom areas, current wins/opps, turnover, what is going on in each work center.....

This is what helped me. I put myself into visits with the DTL and walked him through my depts. Plus talking to your ETL and STL.

One thing you need to consider when going for a Sr. TL.

Can you get done in 25 hours what you used to get done in 40? When you are LOD, you can't isolate yourself in your work center doing tasks that you used to partake in. Do you have people trained to do your PTM, clearance, sales planners? Sr. TL in most stores in my district do 3 LOD per week, plus have go to the weekly ETL meeting. So in all that's one full shift and 2 more. So at least 15 hours out of your area.

I have 2 8 hour LOD shifts a week most weeks. Sometimes 3. Plus the ETL meeting. It is hard sometimes to stand back and let your team do things you are used to doing. I found the Sr position much easier when I was in HL. Now I am constantly called away from my team even when I am on POG/Pricing. It seems like SL and HL cannot function without calling me for something. All I do some days in run back and forth between my 2 teams and everyone else's teams too.

I have 2 8 hour LOD shifts a week most weeks. Sometimes 3. Plus the ETL meeting. It is hard sometimes to stand back and let your team do things you are used to doing. I found the Sr position much easier when I was in HL. Now I am constantly called away from my team even when I am on POG/Pricing. It seems like SL and HL cannot function without calling me for something. All I do some days in run back and forth between my 2 teams and everyone else's teams too.

God it must be something about Pricing/Plano seniors because mine is the same way. When she schedules herself in our department we can almost guarantee we'll only get her for half the shift. EVERYONE calls her for something.

God it must be something about Pricing/Plano seniors because mine is the same way. When she schedules herself in our department we can almost guarantee we'll only get her for half the shift. EVERYONE calls her for something.

It's crazy. I got called the other day by the GSTL because she somehow ended up with the paper work for a Market sidecap and she wanted to know where to set it because she doesn't have side caps up there....:rolleyes: She has worked for Target for at least 10 years you think she would know that it wasn't for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back