Archived Target adding unisex bathrooms for transgender people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target's talking about adding small unisex bathrooms in its stores that don't already have one for transgender people to use. Small one person unisex bathrooms are more dangerous. Someone can push someone in there and attack them, and because it's a one person bathroom, no one will come in, see it, and try to stop them.

When I'm in the restroom I just want to do my business and leave, the biological gender of the other people in there with me is irrelevant. I'm not worried about other people's business.

Someone can push someone in there and attack them, and because it's a one person bathroom, no one will come in, see it, and try to stop them.
A man could do that to another man in the men's room before anyway. None of this fearmongering changes anything. They're just adding family restrooms to the stores that didn't already have one in order to please the bigots who are whining.

The bathrooms will be for anyone to use, but I believe they are being put in for the idiots who don't want to share a bathroom in case they get cooties.

The family bathrooms are for anyone to use too.

My take is this doesn't please either side. A transgender person is still going to challenge their right to use the men's or women's restroom

My take is this doesn't please either side. A transgender person is still going to challenge their right to use the men's or women's restroom

When they're available, transgender people tend to go for single stall bathrooms. Legal issues aside, they prefer to not have to deal with other people complaining about looking too masculine/feminine.

Target's talking about adding small unisex bathrooms in its stores that don't already have one for transgender people to use. Small one person unisex bathrooms are more dangerous. Someone can push someone in there and attack them, and because it's a one person bathroom, no one will come in, see it, and try to stop them.

When I'm in the restroom I just want to do my business and leave, the biological gender of the other people in there with me is irrelevant. I'm not worried about other people's business.
It for transgender guests or is for nontransgender guests who are worried about what might happen to them or kids in the other restrooms.

You convinced me, this Unisex bathroom sounds as dangerous as "A Room with a Door".

Yeah. The local Targets in my area have long already had unisex bathrooms by the pharmacy. I once went in to a local Target when its pharmacy was being converted to CVS and the nearby bathroom didn't even have any indication that it was a bathroom. No sign anywhere.

I don't care if someone in the restroom with me is biologically a woman. I just want to do my business, wash my hands and then leave.

These yahoos are going on about 'men-pretending-to-be-trans-so-they-can-git-to-the-wimmin' when they SHOULD be worrying about the pedo standing at the urinal next to their kid.

As someone with trans friends and who has...certain feminine things that I do off the clock, this is something I have mixed feelings on.

Mainly that segregation isn't fair for trans/CD/etc individuals. This should be the bigot bathroom, not the "Target foot in mouth disease oops our politics stance cost us money" cop out. Trans people came into our store in droves, signing up for Red Cards to show support, and if Target caves to bigots, these supporters get burned instead.

"If you want to use the bathroom you feel comfortable with, there's that other one halfway across the store." No, you can't do that. Not cool.

Stick to your principles, Target. Besides, less pricks in the store is always a win for the employees.

And no, because I might like a manicure, or smooth legs, or wear a dress on occasion does not mean I have an urge to rape you, touch your junk (I'm quite hetero) or molest your child. Maybe I just like to feel pretty. I feel this whole controversy is quite silly tbh.

Mainly that segregation isn't fair for trans/CD/etc individuals. This should be the bigot bathroom, not the "Target foot in mouth disease oops our politics stance cost us money" cop out.
They are not reversing their policy or saying trains people need to use the unisex bathroom. They are saying "just FYI there is a 3rd option for anyone who isn't comfortable." And that definitely includes the bigots who are concerned about who they are sharing a bathroom with.

Hey gang, I know these threads are a dime a dozen but here goes:

14-20$ million bathroom for all target stores nationwide. Okay, so where is this coming from? Because I believe it coming from our payroll, our paychecks. This would explain the skeletal staff that most of our stores have been running on. Any thoughts on this? I mean, this would have to be the case, would it not?

Any information on WHERE this money is coming from would be beneficial/helpful.

Too many threads on the same subject.
And the company has entire budgets for different kinds of store remodels.
At least in this case its not putting in and then taking out giant balls from the front of the store.

I just realized a few weeks ago that my store has a family restroom next to pharmacy.....when i close I always worry someone could hideout in there.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back