Archived Target App Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf4531

Fulfillment Expert
I just noticed my Target Mobile App updated overnight. (It's now white background with a red bullseye, which is the only reason why I noticed). Check out the pics! Looks a lot more user friendly. You can online shop the hot deals right from the home screen, including store availability with aisle location and a store pickup option. You can also scan items to a registry from your phone. Now to see if it works...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    181 KB · Views: 34
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 34
Android version is still the same. Maybe this is related to supporting apple pay?

The scanning items to your registry from your phone isn't new. But it may be more prominent now.

Last time the app updated for me, my phone started giving me a notification every time I was "near" Target. Seriously...I live at Target, it feels like. I don't need a permanent notification while I'm at work telling me I am near a Target.

Where has the registries moved to? I can't find them on the new app. I just have a link that opens into safari and there is no scanning option. Believe it or not, our new registry scanners go down from time to time and I like having the mobile app as a backup for guests. It's easier to have them download an app, then sorry, you can't register today. If this is still option where is it? I also think I remember reading somewhere that registries will soon be housed in a separate app, as well as there being one for pharmacy.
Also, mobile coupons won't be on it till November?

The scanning items to your registry from your phone isn't new. But it may be more prominent now.

Last time the app updated for me, my phone started giving me a notification every time I was "near" Target. Seriously...I live at Target, it feels like. I don't need a permanent notification while I'm at work telling me I am near a Target.

I found that if you added Mobile Coupons to your Passbook (if you have an Iphone, that is) the alert will come up when you are near a Target. And I share your sentiment 100%.

Where has the registries moved to? I can't find them on the new app. I just have a link that opens into safari and there is no scanning option. Believe it or not, our new registry scanners go down from time to time and I like having the mobile app as a backup for guests. It's easier to have them download an app, then sorry, you can't register today. If this is still option where is it? I also think I remember reading somewhere that registries will soon be housed in a separate app, as well as there being one for pharmacy.

On the iPhone you click "Find" at the bottom, and then "Registries," which will take you into Safari. From there it looks pretty similar to what you see on the home screens of the Registry iPods...you can Find, Create, or Manage/Update a Registry. Haven't tried scanning anything yet; I'm sure I'll get a chance to try this feature the next time the iPods inevitably go down. There's also a "College Registry beta" listed along with Baby and Wedding. It's online only for now.

Along with an aisle number, the app also gives you a store map along with location of that aisle. Looks like this is automatically set to the store nearest you; I can't find a way to reset the default store to the one I actually work at... Might be useful for the myDevices though, with guests who can't understand directions.

You also can't access Mobile Gift Cards directly from the app. There's a link that take you to the mobile version of Target.com instead.

On the iPhone you click "Find" at the bottom, and then "Registries," which will take you into Safari. From there it looks pretty similar to what you see on the home screens of the Registry iPods...you can Find, Create, or Manage/Update a Registry. Haven't tried scanning anything yet; I'm sure I'll get a chance to try this feature the next time the iPods inevitably go down. There's also a "College Registry beta" listed along with Baby and Wedding. It's online only for now.

Yeah, I got that far and when you log in, there is no way to scan stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back