Target Cafe/Pizzahut 2020

Mine rumored to open in July but we haven't heard anything official yet hope to of Wednesday when our pml can talk to the DM

Our pizza hut is nowhere near our guest service, so it’d be impossible to use it for cold drive ups here. Rumor around my store is sometime in July it would reopen, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it just never opened again.

Our pizza hut is nowhere near our guest service, so it’d be impossible to use it for cold drive ups here. Rumor around my store is sometime in July it would reopen, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it just never opened again.

Not necessarily. We have cold drive ups at my store and the coolers for them are on the opposite side of the building from guest service. They make it work.

Mine is going away so we can get space for new coolers and freezer for drive up. Yes drive up will start rolling out temperature sensitive food starting in July.

I SAW THAT on MyApp!!! It rolls out in 2 weeks from what I understand. What?!?!? Where? And GS has to add that to the list of OPUs/DUs? WHAT?!?!?!?

I SAW THAT on MyApp!!! It rolls out in 2 weeks from what I understand. What?!?!? Where? And GS has to add that to the list of OPUs/DUs? WHAT?!?!?!?
I know. Literally horrible. Someone came to my store to Look into where to add freezers. Asked for my etl, no response. Said “hey team someone’s here to give us fresh food drive up” and literally the SD, 3 ETLs and 2 TLs were there in 30 seconds 😂

It's really not that bad. My store has it. It's still in the pilot and definitely not ready to roll out everywhere. (So, of course, corporate is moving forward with it as is. :rolleyes: ) Our hold locations for it are just market's coolers/freezer in the back and a converted backroom aisle for dry. There aren't enough orders for it for it too effect GS very much. The only orders that go in that grouping are gorcery orders that include something cold, frozen or fresh. Now, if they do what they are supposed to do and make it so that all grocery orders, including those for just dry, go into that bucket, then I could see the problem.

I do, however, get a kick out of GSTMs complaining that they have to go all the way to the backroom. THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

We’re getting freezers up front. I don’t mind going in the back, I can find* anything that’s not in the steel or freezers (no clue where the freezers are).

*someone who knows how to find

I don't mind going to the backroom. In fact, sometimes I wish our large, flat-bed type items were still stored there because they take up so much room in the OPU hold area. My concern is that I will have orders that will require me to go to the OPU area AND the cooler area and still have to bring it outside to the guest in 2 minutes regardless of when they give the initial moped beep.

And I think our guests will definitely make use of it. I know I would.

My store has used backroom locations in the past for order pickups along with closets on the entire other end of the store. We still keep most bulk OPU items in the back and prefer for all the bulk items to be back there. My main concern is there will be no way to do a cold drive up in under 2 minutes leading to my leadership throwing a fit at every front end team member. It’s going to be interesting.

Mine is going away so we can get space for new coolers and freezer for drive up. Yes drive up will start rolling out temperature sensitive food starting in July.
I work in the grocery and do OPUs and just heard this yesterday, second hand of course since communication at our store is terrible.

The problem is in our store is the perishable and freezer items don't show up the floor IN THEIR PROPER LOCATION until much later in the day. However the system considers them "IN STOCK" the minute they show up in the back room.

Another thing is in our store the self-checkouts, OPU/Drive-Ups, guest service, Starbucks, are ALL BY THE FRONT ENTRANCE unlike a lot other stores.

Target is trying to emulate Kroger's Drive Up but doesn't want to remodel the store. Kroger's Drive-Ups near me are no where near the cash registers and they HAVE A SEPARATE ENTRANCE.

This is going to be a mess.

No it’s cause most perishables get tossed out without being defected. TMs take shortcuts to get everything done that is expensive of them .

Yeah, market can't do that anymore. Our market team had to go through and audit everything the week before we started fresh OPUs. They complained, but it had to be done. A lot of work at first. But, they've managed to keep up with it on an ongoing basis for the most part.

They really big issue right now is with fresh vendors, think milk and bread. No one has paid attention to their counts in ages and we can't do anything about them. Despite having severe negative on hands and no product to be found anywhere in the store, the system will still let people order the items. My ETL and SD have been flagging it and sending it up the chain, but as of yet there is no fix for the issue or even an ETA on when it might be coming.

Yeah, market can't do that anymore. Our market team had to go through and audit everything the week before we started fresh OPUs. They complained, but it had to be done. A lot of work at first. But, they've managed to keep up with it on an ongoing basis for the most part.

They really big issue right now is with fresh vendors, think milk and bread. No one has paid attention to their counts in ages and we can't do anything about them. Despite having severe negative on hands and no product to be found anywhere in the store, the system will still let people order the items. My ETL and SD have been flagging it and sending it up the chain, but as of yet there is no fix for the issue or even an ETA on when it might be coming.
Our store doesn't keep track of the milk that Starbucks takes which is a lot.

Some stores in my area have the guest service/drive up away from the rest of the registers and self checkout.

In my store everything is right on top of each other.
I mean my GS isn’t right on top of self checkout but it’s still at the front of the store

We got through the corona insanity. We can get through this. Is it hitting all stores or just some? I am just glad it didn't go nation wide in like Feb. THAT would have been a nightmare.

We got through the corona insanity. We can get through this. Is it hitting all stores or just some? I am just glad it didn't go nation wide in like Feb. THAT would have been a nightmare.
Right now i think it's just some stores because when I asked my manager about it she said that they were still in talks with it about our store

I personally hope they close mine. I refuse to go back that shit. It is one of the top 5 worst jobs if not the worst in the entire store in my opinion. If they do I will find another job and leave and take being yelled at by my mother constantly.

Back