Target Cafe Reopening?

BoxCutter

Cut hard. Cut deep.
Yesterday I saw the cleaning TM, who is normally a Target Cafe TM, showing a new TM around the closed cafe area explaining things about the area. I asked them later if it were reopening, and they said in a week or two. Anyone else hear anything about this and any details how it will operate?

No seating/dining in. No self serve icee/soda/popcorn. Basically whatever can be served from behind the counter. No self serve items.

Does not seem like an Abe Lincoln kind of thing to say. He certainly didn't look like a jolly guy.

i noticed we finally got the hot food items back. pizza,pasta,popcorn chicken and my old time favorite chicken tenders hahaha.no popcorn and icee machine yet!

Ours reopened today. I think maybe one guest got something.

While it's been awhile since I "on the line" at the dreadful Food Avenue, I'd imagine Target Cafe is an easier experience today than in Ye Olden Days, when one person was staffed to run a grill, deep fryer, pizza oven, toaster, meat slicer and steam table, in addition to all the snacky-snacky stuff. Everything fresh, unfrozen and made to order -- including full service breakfasts, because THAT was a good idea -- and not a microwave in sight! Purgatory was a Dollar Days Sunday with one person scheduled, a line circling the counter, and NOBODY coming to help you.

I did not miss the popcorn smell. Great as a guest, horrible as a TM. I am happy about the return of the occasional low blood sugar pretzel splurge, though.

Back