Archived Target.com DPCI's Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone encountered online only item returns that are still on the website but won't scan in stores? The item also doesn't have a DPCI in the online item description.

It's happened to me twice in the last couple of weeks. We made it right since the guest just wanted to exchange but I'm wondering how it's supposed to be handled in the future.

any chance you have links to any of the items? if i knew what the item specifically was i'd be able to tell you what the issue is

but more often than not it's an issue with receipt lookup. online packing slips are run through the same process in POS as K5-Functions K2-Receipt Lookup and it isn't super reliable

It’s weird cause we had these sonic plushies in store at my store that you could definitely sell in POS normally and eventually one ended up at GS with the tag ripped off so we tried to find the DPCI for it to salvage it or whatever and found the exact same one on t.com but it somehow only had a TCIN which was super annoying. I think we ended up throwing it in the donate bin lol

It’s weird cause we had these sonic plushies in store at my store that you could definitely sell in POS normally and eventually one ended up at GS with the tag ripped off so we tried to find the DPCI for it to salvage it or whatever and found the exact same one on t.com but it somehow only had a TCIN which was super annoying. I think we ended up throwing it in the donate bin lol
Vendor item?

Has anyone encountered online only item returns that are still on the website but won't scan in stores? The item also doesn't have a DPCI in the online item description.

It's happened to me twice in the last couple of weeks. We made it right since the guest just wanted to exchange but I'm wondering how it's supposed to be handled in the future.
It could be multiple reasons why , it could be an item merge that never been converted because it didn’t get mysupported .as Amanda stayed dpcis are for stores only. If it would be vendor it will tell you it’s vendor when you go to defect it out.

It could be multiple reasons why , it could be an item merge that never been converted because it didn’t get mysupported .as Amanda stayed dpcis are for stores only. If it would be vendor it will tell you it’s vendor when you go to defect it out.
All Target+ (formerly storefront) items are TCIN only as they’re not ours and have to be directly shipped back to vendor (super annoying).

Per the communication that was sent to us all third party items are supposed to have a DPCI. Obviously this is not always the case.

Though, according to some posts on here DPCI will be replaced by TCIN in a few years.

Per the communication that was sent to us all third party items are supposed to have a DPCI. Obviously this is not always the case.

Though, according to some posts on here DPCI will be replaced by TCIN in a few years.
Item merge do have dpci , however if they don’t convert and are not being mysupported they drop out of target system as an item that we never had. Item merge is discounted items that are becoming active with a new dpci for an active pog. Again if it doesn’t get mysupported at the time that is given by the workbench the item drops out as an item that you no longer have or existed

Sorry kind of forgot I asked the question lol. The first item was a large wall clock made by some Chicago company.

The one I had yesterday was an Intex air mattress. We found it online easily enough but it didn't have a DPCI to give the guest a merchandise credit.

The etl last night kind if didn't know what to do about it so I suggested we do a no barcode no receipt return. Also kind of at cross purposes with the item afterwards as well.

Last edited:
Sorry kind of forgot I asked the question lol. The first item was a large wall clock made by some Chicago company.

The one I had yesterday was an Intex air mattress. We found it online easily enough but it didn't have a DPCI to give the guest a merchandise credit
The air mattress was on the item merge a month ago

Good to know. The etl on duty last night is the etl for half the store...I would say his lack of knowledge was surprising but sadly it's pretty commonplace in my experience.

Item merge do have dpci , however if they don’t convert and are not being mysupported they drop out of target system as an item that we never had. Item merge is discounted items that are becoming active with a new dpci for an active pog. Again if it doesn’t get mysupported at the time that is given by the workbench the item drops out as an item that you no longer have or existed

I was referring to items sold by 3rd party vendors on Target.com, these are not products Target owns itself. These are not items sold in stores but are supposed to be returnable to stores unless otherwise noted.

Spot return policy
Target's Return Policy
Most unopened items sold by Target in new condition and returned within 90 days will receive a refund or exchange. Some items sold by Target have a modified return policy noted on the receipt, packing slip, Target policy board (refund exceptions), Target.com or in the item department. Items that are opened or damaged or do not have a receipt may be denied a refund or exchange.

Target +™ Partner’s Return Policy
Most unopened items sold by a Target + Partner in new condition and returned within 90 days will receive a refund. All items sold by Partners must be returned to Target, either in store or by mail. Some items sold by a Target + Partner have a modified return policy noted on the receipt or on Target.com. Items that are opened or damaged may be denied a refund.

We ran out is the main problem.
“We ran out of 9 digit numbers so we’re switching to 8 digit” is the MOST target thing I’ve ever heard.

In all seriousness, tjey should future proof as well as keep the good idea behind DPCI and do something like DPT-CLS-ITEM (adding an extra CL number or something).

It would be easy to transition, existing DPCIs simply add a 0 in that new spot, and new ones can be created.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back