COVID-19 Target & COVID-19

Here is a petition regarding the pandemic of COVID-19 and all Tm's / guests who's health, family & individuals, are more important.

Here is a petition regarding the pandemic of COVID-19 and all Tm's / guests who's health, family & individuals, are more important.

Yeah that ain't gonna happen even if you get every tm to sign

Doesnt hurt to try. USPS signed one off for limited employees and selective employees who want to work. If you're a t.m. why risk the health concern unless that individual doesnt seem to be effected by illness or cdc

I'm disagreeing that a store that sells groceries isn't essential because it also sells things that aren't groceries.

At this point, we're keeping our friends and neighbors fed, with the things they need to stay healthy. I don't understand why you wouldn't feel it's your civic duty to go to work and help out your community. It's critically important that the public in general feel as though they will be able to get food for their families, since most of them can't grow it (and if they could, it still takes 3 months minimum to grow your own from scratch). It's not about Target being a big company with a rich CEO and stockholders. It's about being someone in your community that helps your community.

Target is an essential business. Groceries, OTC products and the pharmacy are all essential.

Besides, if they did close down all the stores, that would just make all the other stores selling these things busier, meaning they will run out of items faster so there would be less food available for everyone, and making it more likely for coronavirus to spread there.

WTF people for the most part aren’t buying shoes. They’re buying food. The pharmacy is literally keeping grandma alive. Blocking sales other than “life essential“ is a logistical nightmare. And most importantly a sense of normalcy is needed to keep the populace manageable the further we get from normal the more likely and the faster things get ugly.

I've only been working evenings as of late, but so far this week our guest count has been rather low and our guests very kind and cooperative. Thanks to closing at 9:00 pm, we are able to really clean up the checkout lanes, self checkout area, service desk, and end caps. For years I thought the surfaces of our front end really needed more frequent cleaning but time had not been allotted.

Suggestions to Corporate: During this emergency period, would you suspend the price-match policy? This takes up a fair amount of time, and I think our focus should be on providing the best experience to all our guests, and during an emergency it's entirely reasonable to suspend price matching (just as should be the case during an emergency like a local earthquake, hurricane, flooding or tornado damage). Also, dear Corporate, would you please suspend goals or quotas placed on stores for Redcard signups? Again, during an emergency, this does not improve the guest experience. Two more suggestions: during the emergency, please disable the compulsory Target Circle signin/opt-out on the checkout lanes (as you do at self checkout) and disable the "cash back" feature at self checkout lanes (the latter because the SCO machines are occasionally prone to cash-dispensing problems).

These are not cavalier or superficial suggestions. These will reduce the friction factor in processing transactions, and to underscore my point about the redcard, keep in mind that with millions of Americans facing sharp reduction in income or unemployment, they will NOT - repeat NOT - be applying for credit cards, and not everyone wants a "debit" redcard for various reasons.

Stores with pharmacies are considered essential.

They should close off non-necessities, but I don’t know how that’s enforceable.
The same way they do for Black Friday. Block off the rest of the store. Turn off the lights and don’t have any registers open

@jackandcat Corporate did suspend the Circle prompt on the old POS registers. You can hit total and not get screeched at by the register. Also redcards are not a focus now and April will reflect a significant lowering of goals. As far as price match just use your best judgement. If it sounds reasonable just do it.
The only thing I would be against is taking away the cash back option at self checkout. Those lanes are quite popular for people that want to grab a few things and leave quickly, and often times eliminating the need to go to their bank for an ATM withdrawal saves them (ok, ME) time that’s actually appreciated. 🤷‍♀️

Yeah, shutting down certain departments would be very easy in our store (small, not a remodel, one floor). Put up caution tape and signs blocking off everything but Market and Chem/Paper/HBA/Pharmacy, and turn the lights off. Maybe keep B (small appliances/household goods) open too.

Yeah, shutting down certain departments would be very easy in our store (small, not a remodel, one floor). Put up caution tape and signs blocking off everything but Market and Chem/Paper/HBA/Pharmacy, and turn the lights off. Maybe keep B (small appliances/household goods) open too.
enforcement? the actual logistics of this is not as easy as "lol, nope, Karen not happening". Karen is going to Karen

This would enable the TMs in those areas who are willing to come, work for the essential departments which would be greatly appreciated in this time.

enforcement? the actual logistics of this is not as easy as "lol, nope, Karen not happening". Karen is going to Karen
Honestly, the vast majority of people would respect it and have no issues. People who have approached the fitting room since the shutdown get it and just walk away. Guests can be jerks, no doubt, but this is a special circumstance and they would understand.

i really don't understand the "target isn't essential" argument lol. why are we less essential than a grocery store or drugstore? why is it okay for us to close but they need to stay open and take the bulk of the crowd that might have been siphoned off to us? this just spreads the risk to those stores in larger percentages.

Enforcement would be difficult. Unless some time is taken to take advantage of the unexpected emply wacos and move non essentials (or at least as many that can fit) in the back and other essentials (backstocked groceries, baby essentials and cleaning supplies) in the now- empty floor space. Kinda hard for Karen to sneak into the fitting room if there is canned corn and diaper rash goop where the blouses normally are.

Back