Archived Target for a reference

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think so but they can tell them if you're rehirable or not which is usually a red flag to future employers if you're not.

They can only give out your date of hire and your last day and whether they would rehire you. They can't say why/if you were fired or what they thought of you. Target won't give out personal references

Perfect thank you . U was just recently let go! For what I think is bs but moving forward I don't know what to tell future employers ..

How long were you with Target?
2 yrs but it's been one bullshit CA after another! Last one was cuz I cut a half hour cuz hello no ot ever! So that was my last straw! Lol I'm fighting it but I'm also getting lots of better opportunities :)

That sucks. You were being performanced out and they used any little issue to get you. I'm sorry but good luck where ever you go.

Basically .. But what really sucks is me being green across the board n making my EX store #1 in red cards!! I was performances out but not bc of my performance ..

I understand that Target protects the reputation of employees who were not likable or very good employees but on the other hand they also deny outstanding employees a usable reference if they are searching for another job. To only confirm your dates of employment is pretty worthless & could be a real problem if Target is the only thing on your resume.

Target doesn't care at all about protecting anyone but themselves. They (like every other business) don't give out anything but dates of work because they want to avoid the possibility of being sued for slander if someone finds out they didn't give a favorable review.

Best to make friends with your coworkers, and TLs and see if they will be references for you.

Target doesn't care at all about protecting anyone but themselves. They (like every other business) don't give out anything but dates of work because they want to avoid the possibility of being sued for slander if someone finds out they didn't give a favorable review.

Best to make friends with your coworkers, and TLs and see if they will be references for you.

Good points & I understand them wanting to protect themselves.

I would think to truly protect themselves their official policy would be no current Target employees are allowed to serve as references. :D

I understand that Target protects the reputation of employees who were not likable or very good employees but on the other hand they also deny outstanding employees a usable reference if they are searching for another job. To only confirm your dates of employment is pretty worthless & could be a real problem if Target is the only thing on your resume.

That would explain so much in my regard.

For the most part, I don't believe "they" ever actually call your former employers.

Fuggetaboutit!

Yep. Other jobs on par with Target don't care...they'all hire anyone and know the former employer won't say anything. Other professional jobs don't care about the fact you worked retail.
I write a lot of letters of recommendation for internships and colleges. Don't get called much for other jobs.

Yep. Other jobs on par with Target don't care...they'all hire anyone and know the former employer won't say anything. Other professional jobs don't care about the fact you worked retail.

Great. My resume is utterly useless.

latest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back