Archived Target Health insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.
No screenshot but if you go to pay and benefits there is an Area that explains all the benefits and gives costs per check. There isng a cut and dry amount. Depends if you are single , marries or have a family. Also depends what items you choose. Medical dental. Long term disability. It explains it all there
I must be slow I can't find it lol

Let me see if I can find it. I'm using phone. I might not be able to do it. But I will try

When you go onto pay and benefits on the first page go to "get ready to enroll" then click on decision guide and follow the prompts

Target is self insured however they by law have to have plan administrators. some employees in a few lucky states actually have Kaiser Permanente which to my knowledge is a great plan, at least considered to the other spot options which are pretty awful. Obama are depending on your state may very well be a better option and I would strongly suggest looking into it.

I should add that as for what insurance was originally meant for, spot is not so bad such as an emergency, life altering incident. However what insurance has become in this country, combined with our piss poor pay makes the insurance rather horrible especially considering United Healthcare / United Behavioral Health is the plan manager. Delta Dental, I can not say anything bad about as your twice a year visit to the dentist is more than paid for when you factor in premiums , cost, and your reimbursement.
Target is self insured however they by law have to have plan administrators. some employees in a few lucky states actually have Kaiser Permanente which to my knowledge is a great plan, at least considered to the other spot options which are pretty awful. Obama are depending on your state may very well be a better option and I would strongly suggest looking into it.

Curious if anyone has had any experience with the dental insurance. I was considering going for the enhanced dental but wasn't sure how great it was for ortho. I don't think the Delta Dental would help a lot with something like invisalign but is it worth looking into?

FYI. If you are offered health insurance by your employer you are not allowed to get Obamacare.
It's not a choice to take one or the other.
If kaiser premis the was my only choice from target, I would be quoting and then I would be applying for Obamacare.

Curious if anyone has had any experience with the dental insurance. I was considering going for the enhanced dental but wasn't sure how great it was for ortho. I don't think the Delta Dental would help a lot with something like invisalign but is it worth looking into?
If you go on the dental site it tells you how much they cover for ortho. Kids are past that stage so I never looked into it.

Never had to deal with Kaiser have you? :rolleyes: Better pray you never need beyond basic care..

Personally I'm very grateful they offer Kaiser as an option. I had the other plan two years ago and copays were $80. I had a root canal done that I ended up paying for, because my son already had one done and the initial amount was already met ( didn't get enhanced, unfortunately). This year it's just me on my plan.

FYI. If you are offered health insurance by your employer you are not allowed to get Obamacare.
It's not a choice to take one or the other.
If kaiser premis the was my only choice from target, I would be quoting and then I would be applying for Obamacare.
You can get "obamacare" though the marketplace regardless. But if your employer offers you insurance you just don't get any of the discounts.

That is true but your cost for a single person would be over 700.00 a month. Couldn't even imagine how much it would be for a family. If I were going that route, I wouldn't pick obamacare. I would pick my own private insurance.

Obamacare you are limited to the companies who opted into obamacare for your state.

And those "discounts" are really tax credits. The government pays the insurance company the tax credit amount and the person covered pays a minimal amount. So where does the government get the money to pay the insurance companies? From our tax dollars...the plan is so messed up.

Last edited:
And under ACA, your insurer can raise rates every month; with Target, your rates are locked in for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back