Target in the 90s? I don't think so.

you might be correct on that one.
Yeah, I mean the dress code was different. Conveyor belts? That didn't happen until after the year 2000. The pos terminals. The cash registers with color monitors and graphics that debut around 2010. Another dead giveaway is the issue of People magazine. That was published in 2012.

Another giveaway is the pink TV. I don't think Target had those in the 90s but did have them in the 2000s. Also, take a look at the graphics for the newscast. Definitely 21st century.

Those lifescape cd’s…def…the 90s! I friggen use to hate those working those in M&M..in the 90’s

The magazine rack is from 2012…why did they put that In here?

Last edited:
I also remember the lifescapes from the 2000s.

As the Signing Ninja I had the honor of changing out the display so I actually had one of the only keys.
Still do, since when they fired me they forgot to ask for it.
It could also be opened with a long knife so it wasn't a big deal but I actually just forgot I had it for a couple of months.

As the Signing Ninja I had the honor of changing out the display so I actually had one of the only keys.
Still do, since when they fired me they forgot to ask for it.
It could also be opened with a long knife so it wasn't a big deal but I actually just forgot I had it for a couple of months.
You could have had ALL the lifescapes…jealous…lol

Last edited:
I think part of the reason so many people think it's 2000s is that Spot held on to so much of it for so long.
I recognize so much of it as part of the stores just 15 years ago.
So most of it looks the same.

I was thinking around 2004. Because I was there in electronics. Our food ave looked exactly like that, I used to stock those TVs myself.

To be clear: I meant the photos aren't from the 90s because many things shown didn't come in until the 2000s, such as the cash registers that are shown in the photos.

I mean it looks like someone just took a ton of photos from the internet or whatever. Im assuming some are from the 90s and some are probably later they just threw in to make a longer video

Last edited:
Target in the 90s It says the 90s but it looks much later than that. Maybe 2012.
Well kinda. So something to remember is that it was uncommon for target to do full overhaul remodels like they do now. It used to be focused on specific areas to refresh. Thats why sometimes in those super old stores you see a mix of a few different eras.
Nowadays, for most stores that it, remodels are full remodels.

About a year or two ago they ripped out all the neon in our P01 store near us. Broke my heart. They handled those stores so poorly.
That specific store not only got those huge, tall locking cabinets and ripped out the neon but literally did nothing else. The store looks more like a KMart than a Target

Attachments

• 30E6AC66-7E8D-40B7-BFE4-922F14195780.jpg
    30E6AC66-7E8D-40B7-BFE4-922F14195780.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 14
Those registers began in 1995 when the first super target opened in Omaha.
So you're telling me my Target didn't get these registers until at least 10 years later?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240404-015953.png
    Screenshot_20240404-015953.png
    408.8 KB · Views: 12
Back