Target in the news

TheDailyLoader

FT Line Master
I'm not saying it is fake, I said it feels fake. The details and the way they are reported are what's setting off my "doesn't feel right buzzer" (for lack of better way to put it).

Times Up

Formerly PassinTime
The thing is this.

Sales MAY be up but are PROFITS?

I reviewed the last decade and the truth is there literally is no growth.

One can make many things look good on paper but the reason analysts are paid so much is to look between the lines.

Here's an example. Every year Target blows the doors off when they have the one day gift card sale. That's in "the black". Shown as profit. At some point people redeem those GCs, again "profit" BUT it's "ghost profit" as they are actually just neutralizing the inflated P of the GC day.

GC purchases on the big sale day encourage investors (stock) to invest, unknowingly, in "reverse futures". If the GCs are redeemed there's a loss OR equalization.

It's actually quite a brilliant tool.

Point is, "sales increase" means NADA!

Times Up

Formerly PassinTime
Oh oh... Sprint dumps Target!

No matter what, GOTTA MAKE THAT DAY'S GOAL!

I'm guessing that would be a Code Black?
This quote sums it up...

“I wish I hadn’t been given the option to walk into the store," she said. "I would have been totally fine if they were closed and gone somewhere else to do my shopping."

They already lost one guest that day and sure weren't going to make it another.

GoodyNN

Plays with strings; Bacon Number of 2
This quote sums it up...

“I wish I hadn’t been given the option to walk into the store," she said. "I would have been totally fine if they were closed and gone somewhere else to do my shopping."

They already lost one guest that day and sure weren't going to make it another.
Except that if Karen there had shown up and the store was closed, she'd have been whining about that too.