Archived Target Mobile Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the Target Mobile team members use the same intranet system the rest of the store does? Or are they their own? I know they are a third party and wasn't sure how their clocking in/out and what kind of information they access varies from a regular TM.

Our computers (Stationed laptops) run off of a hardwired connection provided through Target. Other than that, we use entirely different systems for everything else since we work for a different conpany.

We clock in/out via our provided iPad mini through our scheduling portal rather than using a time clock as well!

Thanks redtoblack. So is the mini just for clock in/out or do you do other stuff there vs. on the laptop? Anything you don't like about any of the systems you have to use?

They're connected to their own domain. I had to configure one for the Target Mobile DM because she was too dumb to read instructions. Same thing with their IP phones. Also had to assign an IP address to the Celebrite machine so it could download updates.

I should just go work for NCR.

Thanks - seems to be some irony in the lack of technical savvy for Target mobile employees :)

Why do they need separate domains/computers/iPads, etc?

Someone else said there's a new system called inFor.... Is that Target or Target Mobile and what is that for?

A little late on the convo, but yes, we have our own comp system, because we have to run credit reports on them. That keeps them safer from a potential breach that is targeting "Target" systems.
And they are ONLY good for account stuff and some training. Everything else is blocked out. We have to use ipads for emails, clock ins, and any of our training that is not stored in our university server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back