MEGATHREAD Target myDevices

I had the same problem recently. My brightness was stuck at a nice level for inside/fluorescent lighting, but I couldn't read a damn thing outside and of course, I was on drive up

Anyone else having their devices run out of battery much quicker than usual lately? I usually rarely ever need to change batteries, but the past few weeks I've had to do it several times. Today I was doing freight, so not using the device much except to backstock, and it had lost 40% battery in only 3 hours.

Anyone else having their devices run out of battery much quicker than usual lately? I usually rarely ever need to change batteries, but the past few weeks I've had to do it several times. Today I was doing freight, so not using the device much except to backstock, and it had lost 40% battery in only 3 hours.
The app will always be more demanding and they keep adding stuff, and the battery and the device will always be getting older. These batteries will only drain faster as they live. We need new devices at this point.

i really miss the old format for the myDevices. back when they didn’t have a password AND the old home screen layout was soooooooooooooooooo much faster than the shit one we have now.

I get the password bit. but the home screen one was fkn stupid if you ask me.

i really miss the old format for the myDevices. back when they didn’t have a password AND the old home screen layout was soooooooooooooooooo much faster than the shit one we have now.

I get the password bit. but the home screen one was fkn stupid if you ask me.
At my store they always had a password but I agree I really miss the old Home Screen layout

For those of y'all that also have Zebra TC57s: is it just me or did the android update they got make myDay considerably slower and make the already bad battery drain even worse?

The MPM app is annoyingly almost useless regarding where the FDC truck is. The distance updates so infrequently, I've seen it say it's 20 miles away and a minute later it's at the store. You also have no idea where it actually is, is it at another store or on the highway or at a truck stop? It's pretty much impossible to reliably plan breaks so that you are available when it arrives, because 10 miles away can mean anywhere from "an hour away" to "it's already here".

The MPM app is annoyingly almost useless regarding where the FDC truck is. The distance updates so infrequently, I've seen it say it's 20 miles away and a minute later it's at the store. You also have no idea where it actually is, is it at another store or on the highway or at a truck stop? It's pretty much impossible to reliably plan breaks so that you are available when it arrives, because 10 miles away can mean anywhere from "an hour away" to "it's already here".
The UTA on the computer will tell you if you're the first stop or not, so if it looks like it's not moving, that might be why. As to how often it updates, I don't know. Guess that depends on what kind of tracker they're using and how MPM polls that data.

Maybe I’m showing my Target years but I wish Target would give us trigger handles for the new TC58s. I’ve caught myself going back to the smaller devices so I can use the trigger attachment.

I (and at least 3 other tms) use the old one daily for that reason! There are triggers available, but my ETL says they are too expensive to buy them.
Challenge your etl & get 1 handle with the case. The reason for fasting pulling of priorities & fits in your hand better. Also, avoids any injuries to hand & wrist.

Any corporate world is expensive. Like since i’ve started my internship i’ve learned that companies will pay for anything for any price if they need it.

A 55 inch tv from an “approved vendor” is $700.
a mount is $300
You have to pay facilities to install the bracket too.

Last edited:
Back