Archived Target Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly do we do with damaged items that are returned by the guest via UPS? I was told to refuse it so it could be returned to Target.com but that doesn't make any sense to me.

I got two candles and one was completely shattered. Morons didn't use air pillows or bubble wrap. I was told to trash it now send back.

All returns should be going to the transfer center(the return address on the label), not coming back to the store. We gave our receiver the print out to show the UPS drivers and it hasn't been an issue in quite some time.

I'm not sure where they are getting the preprinted stick on labels with our store address on them from. I had one today and I sent it back to the transfer center via FedEx. What printout are you talking about mystique199?

Salvage, we send ours on salvage pallets and the DC takes care of the rest. Youl make a specific label for them. At least im fairly certain thats what our receiver does.

What exactly do we do with damaged items that are returned by the guest via UPS? I was told to refuse it so it could be returned to Target.com but that doesn't make any sense to me.
If you catch UPS bringing it in before you've signed for it, tell them you cannot accept it and it needs to be returned to the return address on the label. If they manage to sneak it in and you don't notice until after they leave, give it to SFS and they need to call the CSC to process it.

Guests can send returned items to stores via UPS?
Most of the returned items we got were things that were damaged during shipping and never even made it to the guest.

I'm not sure where they are getting the preprinted stick on labels with our store address on them from. I had one today and I sent it back to the transfer center via FedEx. What printout are you talking about mystique199?
The first few characters of every shipping label generated for an SFS order is your store's UPS account number. UPS can easily see that the package came from your store (plus they have a record of exactly where it was picked up), and if it gets damaged they just send it back to where it came from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back