Archived Target p fresh workers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I just started working in p fresh and was wondering what I should do about pushing milk it's hard on my back and im worried about spilling milk or a pallet fallling or milk falling when working backstock once the tape is removed that keeps the milk secure. When pushing the milk should I use the regular jack or the electronic jack which is rarely available any tips would be great.

Its nice to see that you are being thoughtful about how you can improve your efficiency when pushing milk. Having worked pfresh multiple times when hours are low I can tell you 1st hand you will spill milk effectually just don't beat yourself up to much over it. Also if moving the tower of milk is to hard on your back break it down to a more manageable size. You should also partner with your leader about and other tips that are more store specific for pushes. Best of luck

not to brag but we have back loading racks in our dairy cooler straight to the sales floor. 8 doors all vendor milk /specialty milk / sour cream & cottage cheese.
we just locate the pallets in the dairy cooler near the racks and load from there.
WELL we do sell a little over 200 gallons of vendor milk per day.
(we received milk on Monday 2 pallets, Wednesday 2 pallets, Friday 3 1/2 pallets, all 6 crates high 9 stacks on 1 pallet)

AND we sell about 100 half gallons of specialty milk per day !!!!

we sell LOTS of Milk per day

The back loading racks make life so much easier... until some dumbass starts to push things where they don't belong. I pulled ~40 gallons of 2% out of the whole milk spots this morning. Whole milk even had the shorter date.

I'll ask, though, why is the tape being cut all the way down? Ours has four tapings. Cut them as you go down the pallet for better stability.

not to brag but we have back loading racks in our dairy cooler straight to the sales floor. 8 doors all vendor milk /specialty milk / sour cream & cottage cheese.
we just locate the pallets in the dairy cooler near the racks and load from there.
WELL we do sell a little over 200 gallons of vendor milk per day.
(we received milk on Monday 2 pallets, Wednesday 2 pallets, Friday 3 1/2 pallets, all 6 crates high 9 stacks on 1 pallet)

AND we sell about 100 half gallons of specialty milk per day !!!!

we sell LOTS of Milk per day
I'm glad I'm not a PA because I would constantly bitch about us not having that. Our backroom is on the other side of that wall and when they did the pfresh remodel they put the coolers on the opposite wall of the backroom (like 30 feet away).

Thanks for the help everyone wish my store had those racks seem to make things go a little easier. I was wondering why the tape was cut all the way too.

Last edited:
um not to sound snarky but you work at target! one strategy one mind once voice ONE TEAM ask for help getting the pallet or flat out to the floor. its not brand to say no. also, make sure your leader knows so you dont look ineffective to them, and as said bring out less make 2 trips if needed.

I'm glad I'm not a PA because I would constantly bitch about us not having that. Our backroom is on the other side of that wall and when they did the pfresh remodel they put the coolers on the opposite wall of the backroom (like 30 feet away).
I loved working milk. Our dairy coolers are as far from the back cooler as possible. Good workout. In four years I never spilled any either.

Definitely ask for help. Those big backroom tms are usually willing to push it out no problem. You can get it back empty easier.

Why dont you just use the tape from receiving and re tape the pallet or if you have enough use the rubber bands that's what are PA did with milk pallets

These are some good ideas im going to have to ask around for the rubber bands or re tape anyone know where I can find it.

Don't take the electric jack on the floor less you want to be fired
How is that even a thing? We use it on the floor at least a few times a week for the displays of bottled water by the entrances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back