Archived Target REDcard REDperks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone's store piloting this? I was visitng family down in NC and their local target has been piloting the program for well over a year now. Wondering if they've started rolling out to other stores lately.

REDperks is a Target REDcard rewards program. The more you spend, the more points you earn/can redeem for special incentives and merchandise. You can download the app on the app store but you need a valid zipcode to be eligible.

[As, I typed this I did some research and it seems to only be available in NC atm]

Target is very careful when they pilot a program....they want to do their best to see how things work, how people can cheat the system, and find unanticipated errors before rolling out a program nationwide.

My store was a pilot store for the prepaid Redcards.....well, issues came up and eventually they stopped the program and never released it nationally.

I think the same thing happened as they tried to have people sign-up for a redcard without having a check....well....that didn't work out.

I don't like that they are only piloting in N.C. since all last week it was playing on the TVs in electronics to download and start earning rewards...

Just downloaded it (not in the NC area) so it must've went global. Looks lyk it's gonna b a HUGE loyalty driver and I'm not gonna lie, I'm kinda excited :D

I love all the negative reviews like iTS NOT WORKING IN MY AREA IM SO DISAPPOINT

the first thing i saw in the app was "beta testing in parts of nc only"

even tms are negative reviewing it for being disappointed like okay guys

After looking over it though my only question is....what's the punishment, if any, will there be if a cashier scans a guest's forgotten receipt? :rolleyes: LMAO

What I found from it even if your not from that area and use it via online and have items shipped to you not to your store u get credit via the app

Target is very careful when they pilot a program....they want to do their best to see how things work, how people can cheat the system, and find unanticipated errors before rolling out a program nationwide.

There are ways to test these things while being a little more secretive than this. There are ways on both android and iOS to prevent people not in the beta test from downloading the app. This would also prevent the unhelpful reviews. A sea of "this doesn't even work in my state!" Doesn't help them find bugs.

I could've sworn I saw an ad for the app playing on the electronics TVs last week. And I am nowhere near North Carolina.

This sounds really interesting and much needed if corp expects stores to meet the insane goals they set for REDcard apps. 5% off every purchase is nice but it's old and boring now. Extra little rewards or incentives for using my card would get me in the store more often.

Roll that shit out Spot!

I'll have to watch and see if the tv's in Electronics are playing the ad as well. Like I said, it's been in testing for at least a year (I first noticed it last May when I went, could have been there before but I never paid attention), so more than likely they could be rolling it out very soon, bets on it being around Octoberish right before the Holiday Season so they can bring in the red cards.

Also, the presenting of the app in store has become more obvious, before it was just a banner as you entered, now, there's stickers, and signs all throughout the store, it's impossible to miss. And the app itself was updated, it looks very different than it's originally outfit. I guess that's a given/not significant.

Did they ever put out ads for the prepaid card?

I'm in NC. I've had REDperks for about 6 months. You can have the cashier scan the barcode at checkout, or you can scan it yourself later using the cellphone camera (it has to be scanned within 14 days of the date on the receipt, and you can only scan 2 receipts per day). You get points for each purchase, and then when the points add up to a certain number, you can choose a reward (so far I've gotten some 5% off coupons, free Starbucks drinks, and coupons for free items).

I'm in NC. I've had REDperks for about 6 months. You can have the cashier scan the barcode at checkout, or you can scan it yourself later using the cellphone camera (it has to be scanned within 14 days of the date on the receipt, and you can only scan 2 receipts per day). You get points for each purchase, and then when the points add up to a certain number, you can choose a reward (so far I've gotten some 5% off coupons, free Starbucks drinks, and coupons for free items).
I'm curious, is there a metric that you know of for cashiers signing up guests with Red perks?

Honestly, this seems like a lot of people will be constantly buying things using their RedCards and then returning them just so they can get the points. Then again, I'm still a little confused as to what this whole thing is.

Correction, it's 7 days, not 14.

Honestly, this seems like a lot of people will be constantly buying things using their RedCards and then returning them just so they can get the points. Then again, I'm still a little confused as to what this whole thing is.
Wonder if the points get deducted when you return things. REI has a reward card (well dividend year end) and if you return something that is reduced accordingly. One can only hope or the scammers will have a field day, every day.

I saw a commercial for it here in the southwest, but still have yet to use the app :( Why are they advertising it if we can't even use it?

I've heard some murmurs that this is either launching in October or early next year.

Now if we had this at my store maybe just maybe more people would sign up but now it's more like pulling teeth then getting them to sign up for redcard and majority of the people ( at least where I live) never carry checks so I can't bother with the debit cards:/ but if they did have this program like I said they probably would sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back