Archived Target releases to the AP that they will open at midnight on Black Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, I guess I've broken that rule about 100 times then... too many close til midnight and comeback at 4 cuz they approved OT.

Jealous! I haven't seen OT since 2005. Except the other week. I worked 20 min over. I am surprised I haven't been coached for it yet. Co-worker of mine was coached for 8 min over.

Told my relatives that we wouldn't be traveling this yr. My boys aren't happy that they won't get to see their cousins.
I keep reminding myself to be grateful that I have a job, a roof over my head, an old car that's paid for & still runs...but sometimes it just STINX!

I just found out I'm working a 9:30pm to 6:30am shift on black friday (thru - friday) over at walmart. but we are a 24 hour, 364 day a year store anyway. But hey they will be training me for the register so that will be.... erm.... fun...

The only shift diff anyone should be getting is $.50 for the shift starting before 0400, no Holiday Pay as the shift does not fall on the holiday (51% of the hours have to be on the actual holiday if I am not mistaken) those who work ad set on Wed. into Thurs. should get the .50 + holiday pay

I could be so wrong but I do believe this should be correct from past experience..

I just found out I'm working a 9:30pm to 6:30am shift on black friday (thru - friday) over at walmart. but we are a 24 hour, 364 day a year store anyway. But hey they will be training me for the register so that will be.... erm.... fun...
Electronics, Sporting Goods and Toys will be hard hit.

My sister in law is a Walmart Assistant Manager and she is being required to work a 16 hour shift. And be back in 8 hours to do a 12 hr shift.

I guess I should be glad I didn't get my hardlines training yet. But then again, I did get talked into doing Crowd Management...

:girl_impossible: Just has I had dreaded..... They are preparing the schedule and I was told I am working at 12:30. I kinda hoped for a mid-shift but that didn't happen.

im working 10p-830a wednesday (into turkey day) and coming back from 11p-10a (turkey night into bf). i'm running the prep/ad team wednesday and toys friday. yippie. all i gotta say is they better not schedule me 3 days of 4 hour shifts in addition to this (to make up for the long shifts). or im calling in.

Told my relatives that we wouldn't be traveling this yr. My boys aren't happy that they won't get to see their cousins.
I keep reminding myself to be grateful that I have a job, a roof over my head, an old car that's paid for & still runs...but sometimes it just STINX!

That's sad, but most of us are in the same boat.

Unless your ETL or TL has talked to you already and told you the schedule will not be done until sometime Thursday. We (HR) are going to be doing the schedule in the computer tomorrow, and hopefully get it done then!

A couple of my coworkers told me that we definitely get time and a half on friday. They all seemed pretty sure about it, so maybe my store is just pleasantly strange?
My store's got a sign up sheet for availability, and I am surprised by how three fourths say they can work any where from midnight to close. Not only that, almost everyone is asking for a ten hour shift.

Alright, after 2 cups of coffee and a box of donuts later our stores Black Friday schedule is just about done.
After a lot of 12 hour shifts we have scheduled enough coverage to hopefully save the store from utter chaos.

And, I have information on the Holiday Pay.

Holiday Pay is only paid out from 12:01 am on Thursday morning until 11:59 pm Thursday Night (Midnight to Midnight). If any shift enters this time frame only the portion of the shift on the holiday will get the pay. So, example: Black Friday people scheduled from 11:30 PM on Thursday until 7:00 AM will only be paid 30 minutes holiday pay. The Ad Set people on Wed. night are the same way.

Hopefully that clears up some confusion.

Holiday Pay is only paid out from 12:01 am on Thursday morning until 11:59 pm Thursday Night (Midnight to Midnight). If any shift enters this time frame only the portion of the shift on the holiday will get the pay. So, example: Black Friday people scheduled from 11:30 PM on Thursday until 7:00 AM will only be paid 30 minutes holiday pay. The Ad Set people on Wed. night are the same way.

I think ... lol

Yeah - they had told us that it would be for the entire shift if you started before midnight. Now they have changed it. Our STL is catching flak because a lot of people said they'd work the opening shift only because of the extra pay. Now they don't want to do it. He's feeling pretty bad about it, too. It doesn't create good morale when tm's feel their boss has lied to them.

Alright, after 2 cups of coffee and a box of donuts later our stores Black Friday schedule is just about done.
After a lot of 12 hour shifts we have scheduled enough coverage to hopefully save the store from utter chaos.

And, I have information on the Holiday Pay.

Thanks - this is the correct info, although I know some misinformation is being spread at our store. Thanks for clearing the confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back