Target should switch to paper bags from plastic

Target does what the local laws require with bags. The flimsy plastic bags are the cheapest and they can be recycled so that's why target defaults to that.

Target does what the local laws require with bags. The flimsy plastic bags are the cheapest and they can be recycled so that's why target defaults to that.
They can be recycled Once. Per Consumer Reports magazine.

It depends where you live apparently.

The only paper I have seen were those to wrap dishes and wine bottle bags.

This is an issue that appears to be easy but really isn't. I'm one of the weird ones who saves all my plastic bags to re-use at home, even taping small holes so I can use them as trash can liners. When there was a movement afoot to ban plastic shopping bags, I started hoarding them, sort of. ;-)

Our store is using paper bags since some time now and guests are using that no problem . But opus are sometimes having hard time with that for freezer/cooler items .

We use neither paper nor plastic, we use these reusable ones that were developed in partnership with New York State. They're only 5 cents per bag, people bring their own all the time and reuse them it's great.

Wait, so is it just the name that got scrapped or the concept? I don't think my store is officially a "SuperTarget" but it has the full grocery, deli, bakery, Starbucks, pharmacy, optical, clinic, etc.

Wait, so is it just the name that got scrapped or the concept? I don't think my store is officially a "SuperTarget" but it has the full grocery, deli, bakery, Starbucks, pharmacy, optical, clinic, etc.
both. If you have a deli and bakery and you sell bananas/other fruit by weight instead of by the each you are a “super target”. They just don’t call them that anymore

Before our state banned plastic, you could request paper bags at target no problem. Since the ban, paper is never an option, only the reusable plastic that target can charge for. And there is never any of the branded cloth reusable in stock to purchase as an option.

We had a plastic bag ban for a couple of years in our liberal city & it made a big difference in trash reduction but the conservative state legislature overturned it because 'it was bad for businesses'.

Back