Archived Target Sins/Confessions

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Inspired by the thread on Reddit)

Basically just things you do that you know are wrong but do them anyways.

Here are mine:
• 20-25 minute 15s
• when I go on lunch, I will buy my food and THEN clock out for my 45
• pressing “I brought my own bag” in SCO when I really didn’t, I’m just not buying a bag. I figure if anyone says anything I’ll say I thought my purse counted lmao
• go behind the wall at guest service to go on my phone when it’s not busy
• basically have the attitude of “the camera can’t hear what you’re saying” when a guest and I get into it
• I haven’t asked anyone if they want a redcard in months

I’m aware this might make me seem like a terrible employee but I’m sure everyone here has small things they do similar to these. Confess your sins people

Last edited:
I regularly call my dimwit softlines ETL a bitch behind her back. Don't judge me I'm not wrong on this one.
I haven't sold a red card in 3 years. Sorry not sorry.
I do "forget" to grab a walkie when aforementioned ETL is lod. Can't tolerate being called every five minutes.
I guess I'm a truly terrible team member.

I don't answer calls to backup the front lanes right away because, goddammit, when I and the other female HL TM have both responded to the lanes it's about time for the men to take their turns, FFS.

I don't start heading for call boxes not in my area, and often wait a second to see if anyone responds to the ones in my area first.

I sigh in relief every time the "fast service needed" is for a box not in HL or my area.

I leave water bottles that have lost their barcodes on the shelf rather than gathering them up and printing new ones. Most of them have a damn tag--why not put the barcode there instead of on some weakly-adhered label that always falls off?

• I’ve never asked a guest about Redcards, but I do ask every TL & above I see off the clock
• Whenever a guest wants an item and it’s on a upper shelf in the backroom, I say we don’t have any and mycheckout that guest
• Bagging multiple DPCI softlines in 1 prep bag for SFS
• Putting an OPU order in one Waco with the label instead of bagging it
• Playing non-explicit music in the backroom when we’re not allowed to because of “safety reasons”
• INF items I don’t see on the salesfloor longer than 60 days for receive and sold and don’t check other possible locations because I’m lazy
• Using this website on-the-clock and off-the-clock
• Not wearing my nametag because it’s weird how a random stranger knows my name

Last edited:
  • Take 20-25 minutes 15s
  • My lunch times are exactly 30 minutes, but after I press End Meal I hang out another extra 15 minutes
  • Go to the backroom to use ny phone
  • Go to the bathroom to get some 10 minute breaks and use my phone
  • When doing backup I haven't asked people for red cards since January 2016
  • Become friends with vendors, one of them has become a very best friend of mine and brings me food every time she comes
  • I sometimes run away from guests pretending I didn't listen
  • I steal some weeks like 45 minutes to an hour cause I clock in 5 minutes earlier, and clock out 15 minutes later. (you can clock out 15 minutes later than you were scheduled to leave, and it won't show on RED on the HR MyTime as long as you don't go over 15)
  • Whenever they annoy me a lot on the walkie, I simply say that I'm with a guest when I'm not

I bring a cup into the cafe stockroom because I get thirsty too, after all.

• Take 20-25 minutes 15s
  • My lunch times are exactly 30 minutes, but after I press End Meal I hang out another extra 15 minutes
  • Go to the backroom to use ny phone
  • Go to the bathroom to get some 10 minute breaks and use my phone
  • When doing backup I haven't asked people for red cards since January 2016
  • Become friends with vendors, one of them has become a very best friend of mine and brings me food every time she comes
  • I sometimes run away from guests pretending I didn't listen
  • I steal some weeks like 45 minutes to an hour cause I clock in 5 minutes earlier, and clock out 15 minutes later. (you can clock out 15 minutes later than you were scheduled to leave, and it won't show on RED on the HR MyTime as long as you don't go over 15)
  • Whenever they annoy me a lot on the walkie, I simply say that I'm with a guest when I'm not
Oh yep I do a bunch of these too lmaoo

Using this website on-the-clock and off-the-clock

This is by far my worst offense. As an hrtm I would take my breaks at my desk and be on here. Or if someone had a question about flex fill or market I would go on our monster threads and look up the answer.

We arent supposed to have lunch in cafe unless we buy something but my wife brings food from home and we eat it with our kids.

Like @EagleEye , I have worked through my lunch before then did a punch correction later so I didn't hit compliance.

One of my stores team members is cheating on his girlfriend with a girl in softlines. Once I found out I always intentionally made sure they aren't scheduled together because it makes me sick.

As I'm writing the schedule for when I come back to my store I am intentionally stacking my closing night with a strong team lol.

If I deal with a guest who is complaining about something but treats me like I just killed their dog, I will try my damndest to find a way to explain how I CANNOT honor their request. We are people too and I can’t stand it when they take it out on us because they’re mad at the world.

I pretty much stand behind the service desk on my phone all night when we're not busy (I work at a very small store that doesn't get much traffic most times of the year, plus after I do all the menial tasks there's not much else to do up there). I think people are starting to catch though and I feel a stern talking to is just around the corner. It's kind of self-sabotage though because I hate it up there.

I sit in my electrical room and do nothing a lot.
I peed on the roof once.
I started a secret union but it’s only me in it, and the only thing it gets me is extra breaks.

I use to do this a lot but since they have been on my ass more, I’ve been a little more busy. Once things settle down I’ll be able to do it again. My office has a unique corner too I’ll hide out especially when I need to do my iPad work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back