Archived Target stores open until 9pm on christmas EVE!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you hear that you'd be getting paid shift diff? I asked HR-clerical about this and she said we would NOT be getting any extra pay whatsoever for working Christmas Eve.

There is a link on Workbench for Christmas Week Planning, which includes a FAQ. It specifically indicates how HR should code the shift pay differential in MAX.

There is a link on Workbench for Christmas Week Planning, which includes a FAQ. It specifically indicates how HR should code the shift pay differential in MAX.

Thanks for the info, I'll make sure and print this off for her tomorrow!

I didn't get scheduled for Christmas Eve night (I open) but I did get scheduled to close on New Year's Eve, a holiday I actually do celebrate.

I'm closing Christmas Eve, but luckily I'll be with somebody so I won't be there too late afterwards. I can't imagine that many people coming out to get eggnog lattes on Christmas Eve unless they're pretty lonely....

I was fortunate enough to get New Year's Eve and Day off :) But that 4 am to noon shift on Christmas eve is going to take a toll on me, since I hardly ever work that early.

True, but whats stoping you from doing something else? Whats stoping you from lets say getting as degree and leaving Target for better pastures?

Wow, really? Do you realize how bad the economy is? I graduated at the top of my high school AND college. I have a degree. As well as over ten thousand dollars in student loan debt. My SO was a research analyst right out of college and then basically lost his job due to budget cuts. Now he's an overnight stocker and he has far more in student loan debt than I do. He's barely getting by, and the interest is eating all of his payments.

You have got to be joking. I went to a very good private college and the unemployment rate for my class is over 60%, and over 70% for the class before. No one's really hiring, except retail, and those who are can nitpick qualifications to the extreme because 300+ will apply.

Took two closing shifts for the week, and traded them for the open/close on xmas eve. I'll let my two fellow TMs stay home with their families - I don't mind working on xmas eve!

I shutdown photo at 8 and did ad takedown til 915. It was pretty quiet at my store.

Uh oh, I never go to huddles cause I think they are reserved for team leaders and upper management.
I went and told guests that the stores closed at 11pm on Christmas Eve, well it was better than bothering the GSTL or saying I don't know right?

Our LOD that night was telling us we got holiday pay for all hours past 5 PM. Does that sound right? Guess I'll find out on payday. We actually had fun, since it was possible to get our zones done for a change, and our HR brought in food for the closers. I didn't mind being there at all. I know, I'm weird huh? LOL

Our LOD that night was telling us we got holiday pay for all hours past 5 PM. Does that sound right? Guess I'll find out on payday. We actually had fun, since it was possible to get our zones done for a change, and our HR brought in food for the closers. I didn't mind being there at all. I know, I'm weird huh? LOL

That's how it was at my store. We got shift differential after 5PM. It was great - STL and HR bought us Boston Market, we had too many cashiers so I got to work on the floor, there was plenty of time to zone - other than that pain-in-the-a$$ guest who insisted that she should be able to buy a display model, it was the easiest 8.75 hours of my life.

Uh oh, I never go to huddles cause I think they are reserved for team leaders and upper management.
I went and told guests that the stores closed at 11pm on Christmas Eve, well it was better than bothering the GSTL or saying I don't know right?
That was pretty stupid. You didn't even have to participate in a huddle to know of your store's closing time. You could have looked on the schedule, asked a coworker or, best idea of them all.... you could have looked on the sign posted on the door of your store.

That was pretty stupid. You didn't even have to participate in a huddle to know of your store's closing time. You could have looked on the schedule, asked a coworker or, best idea of them all.... you could have looked on the sign posted on the door of your store.

Ha, the sign on our store's door said we were closing at 7PM Christmas Eve even though we closed at 9. They didn't change it until the 23rd.

Our ETL-LOG told us the other day that any Logistics TMs working xmas eve would be given an extra dollar an hour up until midnight, and then, premium pay after that. But this morning my HR clerical (the one who thinks she is an STL), told me that we would not be getting an extra dollar because Logistics normally comes in at 10PM regardless at what the business hours were for the day. Since it was our normal starting time, then no additional pay. Hey, it is only two dollars, but that works both ways...it is ONLY two dollars for them to give us!

By the way, no free food or drinks. Oh well, I didn't get what I wanted for Xmas either. Poor ol' Spike!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back