Archived Target sucks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Planosss

User friendly.
Target doesn’t promote from within. It sucks the soul out of you. Its like working towards nothing. It sucks. Its a dead end job. Its unfair. The leaders suck. The process sucks. Its corporate shit man. I am over worked. I just punch in and out man. Any place is better than spot. I cant wait to get out of it.

And then there is this;

From Cart Attendant to Target Exec: Samir Shah Achieves His Dream - https://corporate.target.com/article/2013/07/video-samir-shah-from-cart-attendant-to-target-exe

Wake up you nay sayers. Its what you make of it.

You're telling me that all I have to do now is: go to India, go through a "rebirthing ceremony", unlearn English, and come back to America and apply to be a Cart Attendant and I can be a Senior VP too!?

P.S. I want to know the full story, I want all the dirty details!

Last edited:
My first store had an STL who said he started as a cart attendant but that was 35 years ago. I mean it’s possible for some but you have to be willing to give up your soul for Spot

You're telling me that all I have to do now is: go to India, go through a "rebirthing ceremony", unlearn English, and come back to America and apply to be a Cart Attendant and I can be a Senior VP too!?
You can do all that and still not succeed. Because in all your sarcasm, you left out the main ingredient to be successful.
Do you know what that is?

My first store had an STL who said he started as a cart attendant but that was 35 years ago. I mean it’s possible for some but you have to be willing to give up your soul for Spot

Nothing for nothing but that was 35 years ago. It was a totally different company then.

Edit: I just realized 35 years ago most of my ETLs weren’t even born yet.

They do promote from within I’ve seen it firsthand on several occasions and I am currently up for consideration to be promoted for an om position at the dc not sure what’s going on to make you think this ?

They do promote from within I’ve seen it firsthand on several occasions and I am currently up for consideration to be promoted for an om position at the dc not sure what’s going on to make you think this ?

unfortunately you are the exception, not the rule. At my dc they hire ALL om's off the street. They last a couple weeks and then decide its not for them. Not sure if its the work, or the schedule. They probably quit around the time they realize they are destined for A2. Anyhow, they keep doing that rather than promoting from within even though they have qualified candidates in front of their eyes.

TL and ETL re-alignments. ETL re-locations. Must have past experience, degree or be in school now TL consideration. Work ethic and experience got you moved up then it turned into Brown Nose-ing R Us.

Started during the Bob Ulrich - FFF days. Those days were awesome. Working at Target was fun. Customers knew TMs worked and cared for their business.

unfortunately you are the exception, not the rule. At my dc they hire ALL om's off the street. They last a couple weeks and then decide its not for them. Not sure if its the work, or the schedule. They probably quit around the time they realize they are destined for A2. Anyhow, they keep doing that rather than promoting from within even though they have qualified candidates in front of their eyes.

I became a TL after only 6 months on the job. Another 2 TMs were promoted in my 6 months of being at the store.
I am actively grooming TMs for leadership positions. Leaders don’t make followers, leaders make leaders. Its all about attitude and vision.

The main reason I left Target was because I applied for PFresh assistant and was never given the position but they had no issue with me being scheduled or taking PA shifts and doing things like the order for the truck. To make it worse, the store manager did everything in her power to make sure she never had to talk to me about it (including being late or having someone else talk to me in her place). My HR rep did nothing despite the fact that I told her it was unfair to give me shifts for a higher position without compensating me and/or not giving me the position while it's open.

After a few months of no PA, they actually offered me the job. Basically the store manager had never seen how much extra work I do during the holidays since she had just started that year so they changed their minds. You may be thinking "Oh so you denied the offer?" Nope. I took it and had to reapply. Did two interviews with the exact same two people except this time it wasn't you may have to have an interview with the GSM, it was you have to. Okay cool....never got the third interview. Instead of picking someone who had been with the company for almost 5 years and literally had done the position, they chose a new transfer who was almost completely new to PFresh. Even had the audacity to have me help train her for the position.

Whether it was some unknown issue the GSM had with me or not, it showed me that at Target they can literally choose a person with no experience over a loyal employee with experience and give no reason for doing so. I mean, I had employees who worked there for longer than me who I barely talked to saying how messed up it was that I didn't get it. It's then when I realized that I was working at a job where most of the employees bonded over how bad working there was and it was too stressful and unhealthy because of it. For anyone trying to get a higher position, I would recommend asking why you didn't get it if you get denied. I'm not saying you'll get a clear truthful answer, but if they chose someone clearly less suited for the job and can't give you a good reason why, get out. If a company denies you a higher position and doesn't provide truthful feedback on why you were denied, how can they expect you to improve as an employee? Answer: they don't.

P.S. I want to know the full story, I want all the dirty details!
From what I've heard Samir started at Target as a cart attendant while in college. But he did work for other places sometime after that (Bank of America comes to mind) before returning to Target as STL.

Well, let's see, I was performanced out after I fought a demotion using the ADA because the STL was skeeved out by me having a seizure.
I don't blame Target per se but they did back her up.

I'm fixing to do this to Planosss posts soon.
trlrky.gif

Yeah its easier to just shut out truth.
If you were saying the truth, then my store wouldn't have played with me and getting my electronics position.
Instead they waved it over my head for over 4 months while 4 out of 5 shifts a week were electronics and I was on my own for those.
I was still only keyed in as Hardlines and was getting $10 instead of getting the base electronics pay of $10.50.
There's a reason I left instead of playing their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back