Archived Target terms you hate

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never heard anyone in my store ever say "copy" over the walkie unless they were ex-military or wanna-be military.
People at my store say "I didn't copy that" if a message is hard to understand, but that's about it.

I'm the rebel at my store ( well , I believe I am lol ) I am not brand over the Walkie what so ever. So I refuse to say " copy" I despise that word , so I say , "Okay" I don't use target lingo because target isn't my life. If you keep saying "Copy" It'll eventually go home with you. And that's a NO thank you for me.

I used to not say it because it's like we're all playing walkie talkies as kids after we watched like a cop movie or something. But I think when voices get all muffled and such in those little speakers machines, it's easier to differentiate the word copy than some other options. I have almost said copy in real life a few times, though. The only actual target thing I bring home is those stupid hanger size things, tbh.

I'm sure that this term has been mentioned....but it is worth mentioning again.....RECOVERY.

I'm the rebel at my store ( well , I believe I am lol ) I am not brand over the Walkie what so ever. So I refuse to say " copy" I despise that word , so I say , "Okay" I don't use target lingo because target isn't my life. If you keep saying "Copy" It'll eventually go home with you. And that's a NO thank you for me.
It's always interesting answering the walkie in ways out of the norm. Instead of "Go for X", "Hi" and suddenly they pause confused.

Also I'm not sure if it's been mentioned here (by me at least) but flex. Goddammit do not flex empty locations because then Instocks never shoots the out to get more shit it.

I HATE flex. It's often code word for "I'm too much of a lazy fuck to backstock even if it's not clearance so I'm going to overstock this area and make it look like complete utter shit therefore rendering zoning impossible"
I don't even know why we are even allowed to flex some areas. It always looks ugly and messy.

Working with urgency

Probably not a Target specific phrase, but I've heard it from management now in two levels of the company network... And no one else has ever said that to me in my entire life. It was just expected

I know, this phrase bugs me too....does this imply that we usually work slowly....or is it that we just "don't work at all?"

I know it may be necessary but our cart attendant always says

"Team this is 'Ronald' going to break."
Then five people will jump on saying "Have a good break!"
Then he responds "Dont worry I will!"

He also makes a big announcement when he goes home when I want to yell we have a grid we know you're leaving.

Some Team Members get their feelings hurt, when the TLs, ETL's, STL don't tell the TM to have a good break but they told the other Team Members to have a good break.

Recognition!

We have a newish ETL who is obsessed. Every huddle it's like "who's got some recognition?" "let's get some going!" "Doglover, you got any?" This bugs me to no end as I'm extremely shy speaking in front of groups. If I'm asked in a one-on-one situation or to write a VIBE card, I absolutely will, but don't like saying such things at huddle.

I am shy speaking in front of groups as well, I recently took the HR position and have to say something at every day at the huddle. It's getting a little better after a month but I have a mini anxiety attack when it's my turn.

"Overnight backstock" and "Overnight's unfinished push". Simply because we've been drowning in both.

I am shy speaking in front of groups as well, I recently took the HR position and have to say something at every day at the huddle. It's getting a little better after a month but I have a mini anxiety attack when it's my turn.

Haha yeah I learned from my ETL HR just remind people not to go into compliance and to check the swap shift board if you are interested in picking up hours (since so many people are pissed their hours got cut)

The misuse of "compliance."
I'm tired of hearing TMs say: " I have to go on break, I don't want to be in compliance."

com·pli·ance
kəmˈplīəns/
noun
  1. 1.
    the action or fact of complying with a wish or command.
So, if you take your break before your State's mandated time you are "in compliance" with the law.
If you take your break after you should have, according to State laws, you are "out of compliance."

The greatest offender I find is our ETL-HR.

"Opportunity"
only
As well as Target's definition of "Communication". Which I think they misunderstand that communication actually means "the imparting or exchanging* of information or news."

* bolded Italicized referring to words absent from Target's definition.

In an example of Target's definition of communication, to them the best way to communicate is, as if, you are stranded in the jungle and using Smoke Signals or a mirror's reflection to communicate with a plane. Does the plane see you? to come to your rescue?

It is then, as a the plane fly's by with a banner behind it advertising #GetAppy, and vanishes onto the horizon, that you know your screwed.

In another example.

It is as if communication is judged upon how good of voice mails you leave, never whether or not, your superiors ever answer the phone.

"amazing" when the TL and ETL gives you feedback. I thought I was special then I noticed the word amazing was apart of the target lingo. bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back