Archived Target Wallet and Giftcards

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrGSTLman

FBTL
Hello all - just a quick question... how can you get around guests who want to use gift cards when their payment device is linked to their target wallet and cartwheel?

Example... guest has gift cards they want to use, but guest also wants to use cartwheel and has their redcard linked in to their wallet so when you scan the Cartwheel bar code it picks up the payment, rendering the gift cards unable to be used.

My only way of getting around it is punching in all of the cartwheels manually using K3 but that gets hairy when the guest has multiple offers and a large transaction. I then process the payments as normal using the gift cards and physical card.

I hope this makes sense... didn't know if there was an easier work around.

You can deactivate the Redcard part of the Wallet so that it scans Cartwheel but not the Redcard...I use this all the time when I'm at Starbucks and I want to use my discount/cartwheel but pay with my Starbucks gift card. You just click on the Redcard icon and choose "cash or physical card" instead. And then you can proceed with using gift cards.

You might even be able to reactivate the Redcard and use it AFTER gift cards have been applied but somehow I don't think the system is that smart yet.

If they haven't already "signed in" to wallet on an iPhone, with touch ID/passcode, if you hit "cancel" instead of doing the touch ID/passcode it will automatically toggle off of the Redcard to the cash or physical card option.

To get the redcard back, select the payment and re-check the red card to pay (guest will need to do the touch ID/passcode thing at that point).

Easiest answer for now is to have them disable the automatic payment source in the app for the transaction at hand. Log in, tap the RedCard image, and select "cash or physical card", tap "save". This does NOT delete the RedCard from the account, just changes the payment source, so they can easily flip back later.

I then suggest that they go home, go to the Cartwheel page on Target.com, log in, and take a picture of the bar code there. It's also a good backup for when the app is being stupid, they can't get signal, or their battery is running low.

I then suggest that they go home, go to the Cartwheel page on Target.com, log in, and take a picture of the bar code there. It's also a good backup for when the app is being stupid, they can't get signal, or their battery is running low.

Most stores are intentional of not scanning picture bar codes. But you're right you can print your cartwheel bar code if needed.

If they have gift cards they want to use that won't cover their full bill, have them keep their card on the wallet. The trick is: don't scan the cartwheel/wallet until after you hit total. The screen will ask if the guest has multiple payments. Hit "yes" and scan the gift cards. Once they've used all their gift cards, choose "no" and the card attached to their wallet will pay the remainder.

If they have gift cards they want to use that won't cover their full bill, have them keep their card on the wallet. The trick is: don't scan the cartwheel/wallet until after you hit total. The screen will ask if the guest has multiple payments. Hit "yes" and scan the gift cards. Once they've used all their gift cards, choose "no" and the card attached to their wallet will pay the remainder.

I haven’t seen this option. Maybe it hasn’t rolled out to all stores yet.

I am pretty sure I remember something like this working, but everyone at my store insists we just can’t process gift cards and a red card wallet payment in the same transaction.

What I’ve been doing is having them change payment method to cash, scanning cartwheel, total, gift cards, then having them use the physical card to finish paying. But are you saying that after doing the gift cards, we could then scan their cartwheel barcode like as their red card payment? If that’s the case then would that only work if we hadn’t already scanned it for cartwheel deals?

If the guest doesn’t have their physical redcard and is insistent about using their gift cards and their redcard wallet, then I usually just split it into separate transactions so they can use the gift cards for one and the redcard for the other. Doesn’t take too much time and they’re usually grateful for us finding a workaround.

Thank you for the walk through. I had a very big d- bag the night before last. He insisted that he wanted to use his wallet but he wanted to use a gift card so I would need to not scan until after I had entered hid gift card. At that point your method does not come up. I told him about the work around for disabling the red card to use Cartwheel and he said, he wasn't doing anything that I needed to scan it after putting in the gift card and make it work. I tried and nothing came up after scanning. I asked if he knew how the "other cashier who made it work" did it and he gave me the snotiest most condescending "I don't know because I don't work at Target." I flipped on my light and asked my gsta if she knew how to make it work and she didn't. Her solution was to give him a $5 coupon (the amount of his GC) and then to scan the bar code.

Wallet doesn't support GCs for the general public right now...only for TMs.

Waitt it does for TMs??

I can add my GCs to the app. But to use them for payment, I need to scan each GC (separate barcode from the wallet one).

I am pretty sure I remember something like this working, but everyone at my store insists we just can’t process gift cards and a red card wallet payment in the same transaction.

What I’ve been doing is having them change payment method to cash, scanning cartwheel, total, gift cards, then having them use the physical card to finish paying. But are you saying that after doing the gift cards, we could then scan their cartwheel barcode like as their red card payment? If that’s the case then would that only work if we hadn’t already scanned it for cartwheel deals?

If the guest doesn’t have their physical redcard and is insistent about using their gift cards and their redcard wallet, then I usually just split it into separate transactions so they can use the gift cards for one and the redcard for the other. Doesn’t take too much time and they’re usually grateful for us finding a workaround.
You don't scan the Cartwheel at all until after you press total, but BEFORE scanning the gift cards. You basically are delaying charging their card until you tell the computer you're done with all other forms of payment (i.e. gift card). I've done it five or six times now and haven't had a problem (yet). I was proud of myself for figuring that one out, lol :)

Okay now I’m excited to try that!! Thank you!!

Just need to find the right guest to try it on to be sure (ours would have a heart attack if we didn’t scan their cartwheel asap, or if this method somehow didn’t work on my store’s ancient registers)...
Better yet I’ll try to grab all of the TMs checking out and practice on them hehe

They shouldn't need a physical card or a separate transaction. If they've saved a Redcard as payment and you switch to "cash/physical card" until the gift cards are scanned, they can tap on the payment method section and it will bring up a screen that has two lines (at least) one for "cash/physical card" that will have a green checkbox and a line for their Redcard. They need to select the Redcard again, and sign in (or use touch ID/passcode) and then you should be able to scan the barcode again for payment.

But if allthejobs' method works, that's probably way easier...

It doesn’t come up with an error then saying that cartwheel has already been scanned?

It might, but I know I've accidentally hit "cancel" before signing in with payment and scanned the barcode, noticed that it didn't have payment, added payment back, scanned barcode again and had it go through.

You don't scan the Cartwheel at all until after you press total, but BEFORE scanning the gift cards. You basically are delaying charging their card until you tell the computer you're done with all other forms of payment (i.e. gift card). I've done it five or six times now and haven't had a problem (yet). I was proud of myself for figuring that one out, lol :)

Okay - I’m sure I have a $5 gift card somewhere so I’ll have to give this a try. Thanks for walking us thru it!

note: you CANNOT do GiftCards and Wallet at SCO under any circumstances whatsoever right now. it simply doesn't work, no matter what you do. update is on the way at some point, though.

note: you CANNOT do GiftCards and Wallet at SCO under any circumstances whatsoever right now. it simply doesn't work, no matter what you do. update is on the way at some point, though.

Thanks for bursting my bubble that I could get this to work. I’m almost always assigned to SCO so I guess I’ll keep waiting.

Thanks for bursting my bubble that I could get this to work. I’m almost always assigned to SCO so I guess I’ll keep waiting.

in SCO store mode there's a button that says "What's new?", make it a habit to check that during your shifts and you'll be up to date with what's new and what's coming soon at SCO

I saw that this past Monday with the guest entering their own access codes for gift cards. Never noticed it before that. I’ll make a habit of checking it more often.

I can't believe that it is taking Target so darn long to figure out how to have guests be able to use their gift cards and their redcards....and what is it that is different from the TM wallet app and the regular guest app to cause so much trouble?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back