Archived Target Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amanda Cantwell

Service Advocate
App let me set up my Mobile wallet (pay in store with the app).

TEAM MEMBER DISCOUNT WILL SCAN WITH CARTWHEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!

you can add your RC or GC and mobile coupons to the barcode.

Last edited:
Was just about to say the same thing. I didn't test it yet because I was in a rush and didn't feel like crashing the self checkout.

It had me enter my pin during setup, so I assume it won't be required when making a purchase.

IMG_1457.PNG

Yes, I don’t think pin will be required at purchase. Maybe you have to enter in the app once every few days, idk.

Not sure if I like the idea of a barcode that never changes though. If someone manages to get a screenshot of it, there's nothing stopping them from using it.

I think Walmart did part of it better with their in-app payment wallet. Instead of scanning a barcode on your phone, you use your phone's camera to scan a barcode on the register. Seems more secure that way.

Not sure if I like the idea of a barcode that never changes though. If someone manages to get a screenshot of it, there's nothing stopping them from using it.

I think Walmart did part of it better with their in-app payment wallet. Instead of scanning a barcode on your phone, you use your phone's camera to scan a barcode on the register. Seems more secure that way.
I would imagine there’s a way app support can reset it. Or maybe it does change every day or after every use.

I just updated the app on my Android and have the Wallet.

From the Wallet FAQ -

Will I need my PIN to use wallet?
You’ll need to enter your PIN when you first add a REDcard or Target Mastercard® to the wallet. After that, you will not need to use your PIN for in-store purchases when you use the wallet.

Is wallet secure?
Yes, paying with wallet is even more secure than paying with plastic. Wallet requires your Target.com username and password, and it requires your card PIN in order to add a card to your wallet. Plus, the wallet barcode expires after several minutes. Once it expires, we require you to re-verify your identify to get a new barcode.
Can I use the wallet

Used it twice today. Cut transaction time in half! Maybe something Target is doing right... maybe.

Updated the app but see nothing about a wallet.... Do I have to enable it or is it only available in certain areas.?

Question: I haven’t been in to the store since this started, so how does it work for cashiers and self checkout?

Also: you can pull down to refresh your barcode.

Question: I haven’t been in to the store since this started, so how does it work for cashiers and self checkout?

Also: you can pull down to refresh your barcode.

I tried in in self checkout. Scanned all my items and then the barcode. It recognized my Cartwheel and TM discount. Once I hit Pay, that’s it. Didn’t have to input my code (debit).

Honestly, this feels revolutionary. I hope guests get on board too. The only thing is that they will have to get Cartwheel stuff preloaded which isn't always a given.

Updated the app but see nothing about a wallet.... Do I have to enable it or is it only available in certain areas.?
Did you add your Redcard under payment cards? Once you do that it should prompt you to enable wallet ( 1 to 2 minute process )

I tried in in self checkout. Scanned all my items and then the barcode. It recognized my Cartwheel and TM discount. Once I hit Pay, that’s it. Didn’t have to input my code (debit).
Cool! I wonder if it’s same at the registers (scan, hit total, done)

It seems that every once in a while you have to Touch ID to get in. Fine by me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back