Archived Target Wallet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone

I had someone just a little bit ago before I left for break try to claim she paid for the items I scanning using the Target Wallet, though I did not scan any barcode on her phone. Just wondering if there is way to use it like ApplePay. I kept telling her that my register did not show any payments and that I needed to scan the barcode on her phone, but she just kept telling me she paid and then pushed her cart out the front door. Of course we have no AP (I think he was fired for helping the police a little too much on his first bust, such that he hurt his shoulder), so there was one to go after her. All I could do was flip my light and the dumb ass LOD to come. I explained the situation and the LOD just told me to hit total and treat it as a cash payment. She then said she would told to the STL on Monday to see what to do. Hope they figure it out or they will be out around $750.

itsajob

You all just lost $750. You should not have let the guest walk out, but easier said than done.

Next time inform the guest “there is no way to use target wallet without me scanning the barcode, which I have not done. Would you like me to call my manager?”

They’ll get scared and leave and ditch the stuff.

If a receipt hasn’t printed, they haven’t paid.

Last edited:
You all just lost $750. You should not have let the guest walk out, but easier said than done. Target does not accept any form of contactless payments (except Samsung pay, which emulates a magstripe, but that will process on POS as a credit card, with all the normal credit card screens “authorizing” etc)

Next time inform the guest “there is no way to use target wallet without me scanning the barcode, which I have not done. Would you like me to call my manager?”

They’ll get scared and leave and ditch the stuff.
I tried telling her that. The LOD was slow to respond anyway.

itsajob

You’re never EVER allowed to say that’s theft to their face, even if it’s true. Not worth it to say when they could be armed for all you know. A power trip is not worth potentially losing your life, and quite possibly your job too for accusing someone of theft when you’re not AP.

Guarantee your Yes Desk loses that much or more shortly before lunchtime anyway.

You did what you could.

Saying “ma’am if you walk out with this stuff, it will be considered theft” should get her to listen. Again easier said than done I know.

Man I do have to give that lady credit though that takes real guts to pull off
For the love of god do not ever do this! AP isnt even allowed to do this! Persistent guest service. If anybody is gonna bend the rules and risk being direct about things, let it be AP! It is NOT worth your job!

“I understand what you’re saying, but I’m not aware of any way for the app to be used like that. Your transaction hasn’t been completed yet and the register is not showing your payment, but I can call a supervisor over for you.”

If they walk, they walk. Write down time, date, location, and description for AP.

No don't do this. You can wrongly accuse someone and not your position to say anything.
you have a point, I didn't think about it, and you are correct-- don't say that. the rest of my other post stands, though.

“there is no way to use target wallet without me scanning the barcode, which I have not done. Would you like me to call my manager?”

you have a point, I didn't think about it, and you are correct-- don't say that. the rest of my other post stands, though.

“there is no way to use target wallet without me scanning the barcode, which I have not done. Would you like me to call my manager?”

Way to go copying @HardlinesGuy

I literally two posts up said that NKG was correct and that what I posted shouldn't be used in real life. I made a mistake, and I owned up to it.

Amanda Cantjoke

ended: letting the guest walk out with stolen merch
splendid: delaying the guest by offering to sign them up for a Red Card special offer with 0% interest
ascended: hopping on the intercom and shouting "AP TO GUEST SERVICE FOR A FILTHY NO-GOOD THIEF"

ended: letting the guest walk out with stolen merch
splendid: delaying the guest by offering to sign them up for a Red Card special offer with 0% interest
ascended: hopping on the intercom and shouting "AP TO GUEST SERVICE FOR A FILTHY NO-GOOD THIEF"
SWARM! SWARM!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back