Target warehouse orientation and dress code

Hi I have orientation tomorrow at a target warehouse and i was wondering what to expect? will i actually be working on the day of orientation? Also what should i wear? The dress code they sent me basically said short sleeve or long sleeve shirts as well as any pants that are longer than mid thigh. Are leggings or yoga pants or even sweats allowed? Should i dress nicer for orientation?
(also I got hired as a “warehouse associate” working sat-mon 530am-530pm, can anyone tell me more about what warehouse associates do and what to expect?)

Last edited:
We get so many threads here from nervous new hires wanting to know how to prepare for orientation and/or their first day. Relax! If you've been scheduled for an orientation, that means you've already done all the preliminary work you need to do. There is no extra credit you can do to make yourself "more hired" than you are. Come as you are (sober, preferably), do as you're told, cringe at the cheesy training videos.

You won’t be working on orientation day, you’ll be way too busy learning all the ways to get fired, no need to dress up for that.
Yoga pants, sweats, leggings are all fine.
Hooded shirts/jackets are not allowed to be worn inside the warehouse, have to take them off in the lobby.
There are 5 different types of DC, and different levels of tech within them, so your responsibilities are going to depend on which building you’re in.

Hey guys I have orientation tomorrow and I’m wondering if I need to wear a red shirt to orientation

Back