Archived Target was my first ever retail job, unforunteately it was only seasonal, temporary

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish i had been given the option, choice to stay, because i have not had any luck getting a new job since then, i got hired there last Fall, in October, and got released, let go in December along with many of the seasonal employees, only a few were allowed to stay, i remember the Drug-Testing and Background Check process took a very long time, I remember my interview was on October 12th of last year, was not cleared for Orientation until October 25th, and my first official day at work was October 31'st, and I got released, let go on December 17th. This is my introduction, I worked at a Target in California.

Last edited:
It would probably be a good idea to take out the county and city info. State is fine.

i have reapplied but have not gotten rehired although i have gotten 2 Target interviews at different locations each time but rejected both times, and i started a seperate thread about this issue, regarding my release in the "I'm Lost" section on this site

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you were a victim of over hiring and lack of sales and payroll to keep you around. Check again in the next coming months (early July-ish) and re-apply. Most stores will be picking up a couple extra employees for Back to School and it's likely they will stick around through the Winter months as a lot of college bound employees leave and the store starts to become a little light on the staffing.

Unless your Targets around there have no college aged employees...

Welcome to the forum!

Sounds like you were a victim of over hiring and lack of sales and payroll to keep you around. Check again in the next coming months (early July-ish) and re-apply. Most stores will be picking up a couple extra employees for Back to School and it's likely they will stick around through the Winter months as a lot of college bound employees leave and the store starts to become a little light on the staffing.

Unless your Targets around there have no college aged employees...

yeah because i even managed to at least get 2 interviews at 2 different Target locations since i lost my Target seasonal job last Fall, but i got rejected from them. I don't get why Target hired me around the Holidays but not during the 2 interviews i've had this year, 1 in February and 1 in May, i'm guessing employers are not as picky, are more likely to settle when hiring someone around the holidays?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back