Archived Target's Drug Rehabiliatation Policies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I have a question y'all. Someone at my store was just let go due to substance abuse (I don't know the full story.) I was just wondering -- isn't it targets responsibility to offer this team memeber resources for such an instance? They're always up your ass about TM life resources, wouldn't this be an appropriate response from executives? Are they allowed to fire someone for this? The person always did their job 100% and was always on time for work regardless of what was going on in his/her personal life. I'm just curious because I really liked this TM. Thank you.

Hey I have a question y'all. Someone at my store was just let go due to substance abuse (I don't know the full story.) I was just wondering -- isn't it targets responsibility to offer this team memeber resources for such an instance? They're always up your ass about TM life resources, wouldn't this be an appropriate response from executives? Are they allowed to fire someone for this? The person always did their job 100% and was always on time for work regardless of what was going on in his/her personal life. I'm just curious because I really liked this TM. Thank you.

I've heard the same thing from our HR, apparently you can get in a program for alcoholism on Target's dime so I would think drug rehab would be covered too.

@HRLady ?

Depends on if they showed up smelling like booze and drunk. Theres always more to these stories us minows are not privelaged to. Yeah we have these resources but its up to the individual to seek them out its not targets responsibility to force you to deal with your issues. If that were the case they would care enough to actually train their employees :/

I've heard the same thing from our HR, apparently you can get in a program for alcoholism on Target's dime so I would think drug rehab would be covered too.

@HRLady ?

I am actually unsure about coverage for drug rehabilitation programs. I don't want to give out the wrong information so I recommend calling the Target Benefits Center at 800-828-5850 for this one.

We had a TM have an at-work incident. The TM was canned but had a condition that with proof of completing a program and proof of sobriety they’d be allowed to come back but nobody’s heard from them since. I’m sure there’s something Target has but it would be up to you to find it rather than having it offered.

Boy, Can I tell you some stories about being buzzed (bartending) at work. This was a long time ago, back when it was cool... so to speak.

It depends very much on the specifics of the incident AND the TM being willing to actually do rehab.

If two executives agree that you appear under the influence they can send you out to be drug tested and you can be termed. It's in the employee handbook it's considered misconduct

Boy, Can I tell you some stories about being buzzed (bartending) at work. This was a long time ago, back when it was cool... so to speak.

When I worked at Verizon, we use to empty the water coolers and fill them with booze at Christmas time. The bosses and the workers drank all day. It scares the bejesus out of me when I think of things I did years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back