Archived Target's newest brands: Heyday, Original Use, Wild Fable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang this kind of makes me excited to be back then, especially with the Big & Tall sizes coming to Men’s

A Big and Tall line for the men's department? Finally, I can fulfill my dreams of no more exposed cheeks when I buy Target shirts.

I think Wild Fable will replace Exhilaration. Same stuff, new tags. I detest Knox Rose. Have never bought any. After reading the corp news, I got the impression Target is launching this line towards the 20 to 30 year old. It would have to replace something, the floor pad can only hold so much. We shall see!

Last edited:
A Big and Tall line for the men's department? Finally, I can fulfill my dreams of no more exposed cheeks when I buy Target shirts.

Goodfellow has B&T as well but most of the b&t sizes aren't carried in store. I assume the same will be true with this new jackson stuff. Target does all these size expansion announcements then puts a lot of it online. Same with all the plus sizes. It's annoying. They wanna try stuff on too. I was reshopping plus the other day and it shares a floor pad with knox rose. There were some plus sized ladies who were like... visibly sad by the size of the dept and the limited selections. I wanted to cry with them tbh

Goodfellow has B&T as well but most of the b&t sizes aren't carried in store. I assume the same will be true with this new jackson stuff. Target does all these size expansion announcements then puts a lot of it online. Same with all the plus sizes. It's annoying. They wanna try stuff on too. I was reshopping plus the other day and it shares a floor pad with knox rose. There were some plus sized ladies who were like... visibly sad by the size of the dept and the limited selections. I wanted to cry with them tbh
Ava and Viv is I think all plus and it’s in store

My last store was an extended sizing store. We carried a large assortment of B&T in Men’s goodfellow and national brand, somewhere about 12-16 racks in RTW of AND, Xhil, WWW, license, UT, and Ava&Viv plus sizes along with two racks of plus size swim. It even carries girl plus sizes and husky sizes in boys. I moved from the Midwest though, so the average waist size is larger where I come from. So much fast/casual food mixed with urban sprawl so everyone drives and not a whole lot of sidewalks/bike paths and lanes/running trails leads to a fairly sedentary lifestyle for a lot of folks.

But we sold a lot of extended sizes. Men’s goes from LT to 4XBT. I wish we would’ve carried Medium Tall since that’s what I need and so few retailers sell t or even carry it online. We picked a lot of it for SFS too.

We carry a decent amount of Goodfellow B&T sizes, but most of it goes to SFS. We finally just started keeping 1 on the floor of each size so that more would be backstocked so it was easier for SFS to pick.

I think Wild Fable will replace Exhilaration. Same stuff, new tags. I detest Knox Rose. Have never bought any. After reading the corp news, I got the impression Target is launching this line towards the 20 to 30 year old. It would have to replace something, the floor pad can only hold so much. We shall see!

I'd be surprised if they replaced Xhiliration with this brand. Xhiliration makes the second highest sales in my store.

Ava and Viv is I think all plus and it’s in store

Yup! In addition, UT, AND, and xhil all have plus sizes and my store has a teeny selection of all that plus stuff. Of course the range of options varies by store/region/whatever

So target announcing inclusive sizing for yet another brand doesn't guarantee anything

Teeny selection in store doesn't work when you need to try shit on. AND, at a minimum, runs small. I'm normally a slightly snug 1X/loose 2X, and I had to go to a 3X to find AND pieces that fit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back