Archived TCIN?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the target app at the bottom of the "product details" section it has the "TCIN". What does TCIN stand for and what is it for?

It's another (better in some cases) number used for item identification.
It will eventually replace DPCI entirely
Do you have a ballpark timeframe when it will replace the DPCI?

Im also curious as to what it stands for, as i cant seem to find it online.

Im also curious as to what it stands for, as i cant seem to find it online.

I can easily answer both questions.

The current road map for TCIN taking over the DPCI format is for 2019 when PRISM is retired and IMN takes over as the primary go-to application for item management. PRISM currently only serves for the 3 Target.com DC's and really has no other special features compared to what IMN offers. This will allow us to better align all workcenters gloablly to use one universal application and streamline the inventory process.

TCIN stands for Target.com Item Network. The 8 digits originate from ASIN when we took over Amazon's process who was at the time overseeing our online retail process. Items were given an 8-digit number when entered into the system.

Will TCIN be as easy to play with as DPCI? Are sizes of a product in sequential order?

I love how I'm able to help guests find other sizes at the Service Desk by adding or subtracting a number to the last four of the DPCI.
For example, a Guest brings a shirt with last 4 of DPCI 4027 and it's a medium, then:
+1 = 4028, large
-1 = 4026, small
+2 = 4029, XL

Or will this just be a random number assigned from whatever is available and a small and a medium are 45,000 numbers apart? :(:(

Will TCIN be as easy to play with as DPCI? Are sizes of a product in sequential order?

I love how I'm able to help guests find other sizes at the Service Desk by adding or subtracting a number to the last four of the DPCI.
For example, a Guest brings a shirt with last 4 of DPCI 4027 and it's a medium, then:
+1 = 4028, large
-1 = 4026, small
+2 = 4029, XL

Or will this just be a random number assigned from whatever is available and a small and a medium are 45,000 numbers apart? :(:(
I believe it is sequential

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back