Archived Team alignment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain what team alignment is and it's purpose? How will this affect team members?

It is part of the spot new mission. Now, we are team of one. You are broken into groups with a tl. You are rated high & low for success on the team. We were supposed to fill out forms weekly On our tm's & give it etl-hr. The sad part, that some tm's never see the tl, except once a month. It's created to help the teams be better. Just another task added to the pile. We still have to do walks, schedules, sf stuff, & statuses too.

To be honest its all pretty vague. Stores are kind of just doing what they want with it as guidance on it is confusing at best.

Never heard of this before. Never has been mentioned at any of our huddles overnight. (The FEW huddles we have had, usually less than once a week.) Flow is always left in the dark about things. :(

I think it is a good idea. My store has cca 600 TMs and cca 25-30 TLs, its nice to know the name of a person you can first talk to if you have some problem.

Unfortunately, it also involves naming a "top" & "bottom" performer as part of your allignment. If you're in a small team, you may be the "bottom" performer simply because you were having a bad week.

This sounds like something that could be horribly misused.
I'm sure that it has all kinds of good intentions but then again so does the road to hell.

It is part of the spot new mission. Now, we are team of one. You are broken into groups with a tl. You are rated high & low for success on the team. We were supposed to fill out forms weekly On our tm's & give it etl-hr. The sad part, that some tm's never see the tl, except once a month. It's created to help the teams be better. Just another task added to the pile. We still have to do walks, schedules, sf stuff, & statuses too.

Never heard of the weekly forms...oh joy more paperwork I hope your just talking about contribution

Never heard of the weekly forms...oh joy more paperwork I hope your just talking about contribution
Go to workbench, search under tl alignment. There is a 16 page guide on the topic. I think it replaces great team hero too.
Correction on my quote,"team of one", should be "one team". Everytime I hear one team, I think army of one ads.

Unfortunately, it also involves naming a "top" & "bottom" performer as part of your allignment. If you're in a small team, you may be the "bottom" performer simply because you were having a bad week.

Naming a top and bottom performer is nothing new. It is something that has always been done in the TL and ETL contribution meetings.
I believe some stores are not executing this properly, We are still allowed to go outside of our workcenter/alignment to name top/bottom contributors. As long as we work with the TM
regularly. We used to be required to coach the "needs attention" TM. But now we are not required to if it is because of a training opportunity.

Hahaha - my IS team has 2 members. I guess we'll take turns.

I hate this. My other Tl isn't super popular at the store and my team is now divided to hers and mine. Hers aren't happy and mine are getting ticked off at hers. It's just creatin rivals within my diwndiling team. I guess that's what I get for leading a team of mostly high schoolers. Boo team alignment you stink like the qmos left outside the compactor all night. Boo

We started the team alignment but didn't call it that over two years ago at my store. It is used a lot for training purposes. Just because someone is on your team doesn't mean you have to work with them often. I have some on my team who I never close with and see maybe once every other week. But I do make sure to check in with them at least monthly. They know I can help them with any questions but they can go to any leader in the building. As someone said previously you don't have to pull your top performer and needs attentions from your team only. As a leader we lead our store teams daily as a whole, we don't just lead those who are aligned under us. If you are the only team leader in the building for instance you could be leading hl/sl and front end and if you close every Tuesday with a certain sl tm who isn't performing you may coach them and use them as a needs attention. The shift from calling them bottom performer to needs attention allows a tl to help tm improve, gone are the days of using it to always coach them out the door. With that being said if a tm is a needs attention for multiple tl for multiple months it may become a larger issue

I hate this. My other Tl isn't super popular at the store and my team is now divided to hers and mine. Hers aren't happy and mine are getting ticked off at hers. It's just creatin rivals within my diwndiling team. I guess that's what I get for leading a team of mostly high schoolers. Boo team alignment you stink like the qmos left outside the compactor all night. Boo

I would get with your fellow tl asap as this is not what tm alignment is all about. You guys need to work to have a united team bc they work for both of you. I have seen something similar to this happen in my pre Target work life and it gets worse if you don't nip it in the behind quickly

I would get with your fellow tl asap as this is not what tm alignment is all about. You guys need to work to have a united team bc they work for both of you. I have seen something similar to this happen in my pre Target work life and it gets worse if you don't nip it in the behind quickly

I've talked to her and my etl it's just annoying that this is their reaction since most are legal adults you would think they would act like real adults but nope nope.

What we might do is try to have fun and defuse the situation...Ruhr now a flag football game might be in the works with custom tshirts saying team (name here) and such the idea was my etl's it might stop the bickering

What we might do is try to have fun and defuse the situation...Ruhr now a flag football game might be in the works with custom tshirts saying team (name here) and such the idea was my etl's it might stop the bickering

Aaaaaaand Tami's going for a fake through the Mossimo Black but, Oh! Miriam tackles her in front of the Xhiliration focal!

Then go long towards circo clothes, right to pampers diapers. Then left to safety 1st gates. Grab the flag at graco car seats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back