Archived Team Lead Positions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MediocreSigning

Signing Slave
So tomorrow I have my team lead interview to be placed on the bench. My STL told me to keep in mind some team lead position and keep a top 3 of where I would like to be. I know that target reduced the amount of team lead positions a few years ago. It is at the point that I really don't what positions are left. Could you guys name some roles that I could keep in mind.

It depends on the volume of the store. Also, things seem to be changing pretty rapidly. For now, GSTL, FOOD TL, (FOOD SERVICE TL in higher volume stores), BRTL, FLOW, PPTL, SFTL (higher volume stores have a few of these decided by area), APTL,

So tomorrow I have my team lead interview to be placed on the bench. My STL told me to keep in mind some team lead position and keep a top 3 of where I would like to be. I know that target reduced the amount of team lead positions a few years ago. It is at the point that I really don't what positions are left. Could you guys name some roles that I could keep in mind.
Somebody remind me what page shows what headcount positions your store has...?

Store reports -> financials -> fy2017 org chart and headcount I think

Exactly this.

All the TL positions are (Not every store has them)

Guest Service TL
Food TL
Food Service TL
Assets Protection TL
Backroom TL
Flow TL
Replenishment TL
Presentation TL (Plano)
Pricing TL (seems to be phasing out)
Price and Presentation TL (combo of both)
Hardlines TL
Softlines TL
Sales floor TL (combo of both)
Visual Merchandiser TL
Human Resource TL (rare)

I think it might be easier if you group them into similar roles and have a main group that you'd like to be in. If you know what areas you'd like to do, your store can help you narrow it down and pick the specific positions they have available.

Front End:
Food Service, Guest Service

Sales Floor:
Hardlines, Softlines

Process:
Flow, Backroom, Presentation

Exactly this.

All the TL positions are (Not every store has them)

Guest Service TL
Food TL
Food Service TL
Assets Protection TL
Backroom TL
Flow TL
Replenishment TL
Presentation TL (Plano)
Pricing TL (seems to be phasing out)
Price and Presentation TL (combo of both)
Hardlines TL
Softlines TL
Sales floor TL (combo of both)
Visual Merchandiser TL
Human Resource TL (rare)

Hardlines/Softlines are not distinctions anymore now, they are all Salesfloor TLs and the store gets to decide how to break them up (you can also exchange between HL and SL anytime without waiting for 18 months since its not a change in title.

Replenishment is always a Senior TL position.

Food Service is a combination of Food Avenue/Starbucks, but the positions can exist independently.

I am assuming Food TL is Consumables TL

There is also Bakery, Deli, Produce, Meat/Dairy/Frozen TL positions... or a combo of them (Bakery/Deli combined) in Supers.

Also keep in mind, every store does things differently. at my previous store we had a pricing & presentation TL, the store I am out now Pricing & Instocks are 1 team leader, and plano is on their own.

What is the most commonly filled position? What about the most seeked?

My district has a high demand for TL's. If and when I pass my bench interview; Il be waiting forever.

Also keep in mind, every store does things differently. at my previous store we had a pricing & presentation TL, the store I am out now Pricing & Instocks are 1 team leader, and plano is on their own.

Instocks is an interesting one. I am pretty sure I have only seen folks at AAA volume stores mention a dedicated lead just for instocks.

Most other stores simply give the responsibility to a backroom TL, Sales Floor TL or in your case a presentation TL in addition to their main work center.

Instocks doesn't really need a TL if you have a good TM. We have a task list of areas to scan and Our STL simply communicates what areas he wants filled to depth ahead of the weekend.

What is the most commonly filled position? What about the most seeked?

You are almost always allocated more sales floor TLs than any other position but I would argue they arguably have the hardest job.

I imagine APTL is great because you can focus on AP without LOD shifts and a HRTL has a very small team to manage.

Instocks is an interesting one. I am pretty sure I have only seen folks at AAA volume stores mention a dedicated lead just for instocks.

Most other stores simply give the responsibility to a backroom TL, Sales Floor TL or in your case a presentation TL in addition to their main work center.

Instocks doesn't really need a TL if you have a good TM. We have a task list of areas to scan and Our STL simply communicates what areas he wants filled to depth ahead of the weekend.

Honestly a Plano/Instocks Team Lead with the Quanities system makes a whole lot of sense compared to a Plano/Pricing. (especially with the default capacities on these POG's which are down right stupid).

In my Opinion BR/Pricing and Plano/Instocks seems like a more perfect union.

You are almost always allocated more sales floor TLs than any other position but I would argue they arguably have the hardest job.

I imagine APTL is great because you can focus on AP without LOD shifts and a HRTL has a very small team to manage.
This.

I already told my ETL-AP to hit me up if he needs an APTL. Seems like a lot less long-term stress.

Hardlines/Softlines are not distinctions anymore now, they are all Salesfloor TLs and the store gets to decide how to break them up (you can also exchange between HL and SL anytime without waiting for 18 months since its not a change in title.

Replenishment is always a Senior TL position.

Food Service is a combination of Food Avenue/Starbucks, but the positions can exist independently.

I am assuming Food TL is Consumables TL

There is also Bakery, Deli, Produce, Meat/Dairy/Frozen TL positions... or a combo of them (Bakery/Deli combined) in Supers.

Do they not roll BR + Instocks together into a Logistics TL anymore?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back