Archived Team leader breakdown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saturday chaos...3 team member call-outs ☎ team leaders pushing a lot of freight 🎻 fellow team mate who put in 2 weeks creating ghosts πŸ‘» in backroom to put us farther in the red....another team mate is now talking to his g\f for 15 mins because he despises being phone operator lol πŸ‘ another t/m going to have his grandmother wreck into wine end cap on her motorized scooter next week so he can do long clean-up and stop pushing freight. πŸ‘΅ Other t/m's who never volunteered for anything now responding to cart runs and team lift carry-outs πŸ™‹ I spent much more time interacting with guests πŸ™ˆ πŸ™‰ πŸ™Š results...business owners leaving on time ⌚ 🍺 πŸ•team leaders now doing our freight pushing πŸ’‹ lol..I love modernization ! 🎯

Saturday chaos...3 team member call-outs ☎ team leaders pushing a lot of freight 🎻 fellow team mate who put in 2 weeks creating ghosts πŸ‘» in backroom to put us farther in the red....another team mate is now talking to his g\f for 15 mins because he despises being phone operator lol πŸ‘ another t/m going to have his grandmother wreck into wine end cap on her motorized scooter next week so he can do long clean-up and stop pushing freight. πŸ‘΅ Other t/m's who never volunteered for anything now responding to cart runs and team lift carry-outs πŸ™‹ I spent much more time interacting with guests πŸ™ˆ πŸ™‰ πŸ™Š results...business owners leaving on time ⌚ 🍺 πŸ•team leaders now doing our freight pushing πŸ’‹ lol..I love modernization ! 🎯
Sounds like a bunch of cunts.

Losers like you are why this shit happens, standing around giving orders when you don't have the any nerve to challenge the system. A yes man... That's your way to promotion .

Face the facts. As pushing the freight becomes a lower priority, who is going to push it ? Team leaders who have 40 hours a week
And the unload team. This past week for the first time since I've been at Spot the unload team had to push before unloading the truck so that we had enough vehicles. Not just once either, more like 4 out of the 5 times

Sorry for you...Not.. as a former PPTL for over 30 years I have worked my but off with my team doing exactly what they do plus more. So this feels like a break to only have a few depts to worry about. Suck it up and dig in and help your team. In the long run it will only help you.

Sorry can't leave this alone. I push every day as I have pets, paper, chem, beauty, personal care and OTC, the team always needs help. Suck it up. Support your team.

Oh is that what this is about? Team Leaders doing freight?

You would have gone crazy in my dept. For the three years I was in Frozen Dairy my teamleader pushed every single day, almost his entire shift. Got a new TL in January before I left and she was pushing the entire shift too.

Team leaders who do the peasant work are the ones I respect the most. You never saw Kings do it, but the ones who did had the biggest loyal following amongst his civilians.

Your team is what you make them. Set a good example and motivate your team. If they don't do the work and can't cut it. There's always someone else to take there place.
I wish it was a little easier to get rid of underperformers. Target makes Leadership jump through hoops to fire people. I think 3 instances of any incident should lead to termination, not corrective action.
I work hand in hand with my team, I encourage , guide and motivate**and learn from them**. I see results in most, but some just dgaf, and then we play this game of conversations , pdds and CAs. I can tell if someone is a waste of air quick, but target wants scientific proof of it 😳

Last edited:
I wish it was a little easier to get rid of underperformers. Target makes Leadership jump through hoops to fire people. I think 3 instances of any incident should lead to termination, not corrective action.
I work hand in hand with my team, I encourage , guide and motivate. I see results in most, but some just dgaf, and then we play this game of conversations , pdds and CAs. I can tell if someone is a waste of air quick, but target wants scientific proof of it 😳

Can't you identify the useless ones in their first 90 days and get rid of them easily?

Seems your scheduling may need some readjusting. 2 department owners per department, 4-6 hr shifts each. You shouldnt have to push much but bounce around to your team members and be able to hold them accountable to their productivity. Filling the floor should always be #1 priority for one of those TMs, the other focus in PC and Revisions, SPL etc.

I've learned that this process is a 100% win of executed properly but it takes some hard ass work to get there and you cant get every department up and running efficiently all at once. Each department has to be interpreted differently as the tasks per department differ in size/workload. We've sort of bent the guide a little bit and are doing things, being innovative and it's truly showing its benefits.

I dont have many answers due to being in a different location but shoot me a PM, maybe I can assist.

I swear I didnt rest my brain for 1 entire month, all i did was stress about the crap happening but its slowly sliding into place, the most important thing is "ROUTINE ROUTINE ROUTINE" There needs to be an established routine amongst the departments and as I mentioned above, each department is dif. What works for one does not work for all!

If I could push all day and get TL pay, that would be a dream job for me. Unfortunately I have to manage zombies with no fucking work ethic.
I have no sympathy for the TLs. One of ours was complaining about not seeing his family and I wanted to say, β€œAt least you can support your family! I’m getting 10 hours a week. STFU you ungrateful swine!” 😭

Can't you identify the useless ones in their first 90 days and get rid of them easily?
Certainly ,and I have done so. I am talking about the tenured and entitled TMs who the system... and abuse it , both with attendance and performance. People like OP.

Your team is what you make them. Set a good example and motivate your team. If they don't do the work and can't cut it. There's always someone else to take there place.

That kind of depends on where you live, when unemployment is as low as it is right now.
Oversaturated market like mine, the stores in the district were getting like 6 applicants a month, and sometimes all 6 were so bad even our lax HR wouldn't hire them. Or we'd hire one that would work one shift a week, and still called in 50% of the time.

I have no sympathy for the TLs. One of ours was complaining about not seeing his family and I wanted to say, β€œAt least you can support your family! I’m getting 10 hours a week. STFU you ungrateful swine!” 😭

Let's be realistic, many of those TLs are barely making over $15/hr, and even though full time is great, that's not exactly a raise worth giving up the ENTIRE REST OF YOUR LIFE for. When they're getting paid as much as a stocker at the grocery store, and getting screamed at all day for not coming through on unreasonable expectations. The hours Target is giving every employee is bullshit right now, and hopefully enough people are able to quit that it sends the message.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back