Archived Team Leader Pay

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the team leaders getting paid $15/hr in the near future, what will happen with the team leader pay? My store is saying that the team leaders are to step it up and be doing the work of an ETL, and if that’s the case, I’m not doing 3x the work of say...a cart attendant...and making about a buck more. Surely to goodness the team leaders get boosted???

With the team leaders getting paid $15/hr in the near future, what will happen with the team leader pay? My store is saying that the team leaders are to step it up and be doing the work of an ETL, and if that’s the case, I’m not doing 3x the work of say...a cart attendant...and making about a buck more. Surely to goodness the team leaders get boosted???

Team leader pay raises with team members

So far, every time they raise the base pay, they’ve raised the pay for every pay grade. I expect the TL minimum to be at $19 when they increase the base to $15. And that could be higher if you live in an area with a high cost of living.

The tricky part is that they could make more changes to the pay grades and what positions fall into each category. Nothing is guaranteed.

TL Pay is on a wide spectrum...

I know TLs who only make $16 (I wouldn’t be a TL for such low pay god) and some who make as much as $36 (no joke, these are tenured SRTL’s however who negotiated and make more than a lot of ETLs so they have declined being an ETL lol).

I fall somewhere right in the middle.

TL Pay is on a wide spectrum...

I know TLs who only make $16 (I wouldn’t be a TL for such low pay god) and some who make as much as $36 (no joke, these are tenured SRTL’s however who negotiated and make more than a lot of ETLs so they have declined being an ETL lol).

I fall somewhere right in the middle.
$36/hr? The highest I've heard for a Sr.TL is $30/hr($62,000 a year) and that's in a high cost area.
The average personal income in the US for full-time workers is $32,000 a year, so if you make twice that much as a retail supervisor you're doing extremely well.

Senior TLs at my store make $33/hr. I make $19 but I’m only 3 months into my position. I expect a raise at review time.

I make $16 right now. I’m really hoping to be at $19 with this coming up review. I’ve been doing the job of two team leads and I feel like I’ve earned at least a little something🤷🏼‍♀️

I make $16 right now. I’m really hoping to be at $19 with this coming up review. I’ve been doing the job of two team leads and I feel like I’ve earned at least a little something🤷🏼‍♀️

What area are you the TL of?

If you get the top review score, you'll likely be at $17.00 because the review won't be enough to outpace the extra dollar that I'm assuming we'll get. You won't get a $3 raise even if you work miracles.

Everyone’s getting a raise at review time. A dollar. Doesn’t matter if they suck or are great.
They’re not giving you the dollar first then your performance raise. They stopped doing that. They’ll give you your raise. Let’s say .60 cents. Then starting pay for your job goes up a dollar, so you’ll get an additional .40 cents.

If you make more than the starting pay you’ll get your raise only. If you get the highest score you’ll get a 5 percent raise. So if you’re making $16 an hour you’ll get a .80 cent raise. $19 gets you a .95 cent raise.
You’re dreaming to hope for a $3 raise.

Last edited:
Everyone’s getting a raise at review time. A dollar. Doesn’t matter if they suck or are great.
They’re not giving you the dollar first then your performance raise. They stopped doing that. They’ll give you your raise. Let’s say .60 cents. Then starting pay for your job goes up a dollar, so you’ll get an additional .40 cents.

If you make more than the starting pay you’ll get your raise only. If you get the highest score you’ll get a 5 percent raise. So if you’re making $16 an hour you’ll get a .80 cent raise. $19 gets you a .95 cent raise.
You’re dreaming to hope for a $3 raise.
DEO is 6% raise for TLs

A nearly 20% raise? I've never heard anyone ever get that much at any job I've ever worked. Good luck.

I'm an interim GSTL who's getting $16/hr. I wish I could ask for more but I feel like I have no room to negotiate because I'm leaving in a few months (which they know.)

Oh well, I'll take the raise while I'm here.

I know TLs who only make $16 (I wouldn’t be a TL for such low pay god)
Lol I made TWELVE as a Logistics TL but that was also in 2012, before min wage became the issue it is today

When I started at target minimum wage was 4.25 and tl pay was 6.25 an hour.

So back then a new TL made almost 50% more than a new TM. Now that gap isn't as generous... suggests that Target doesn't value it's leadership as much these days.

So back then a new TL made almost 50% more than a new TM. Now that gap isn't as generous... suggests that Target doesn't value it's leadership as much these days.
I wouldn’t look at it that way. Tls only got $2 raise when promoted from a tm position. At least now they get $4.

I’m an APTL and make $18/hour. From my understanding, if the information is correct that I have been hearing, when the Target Minimum wage goes up to $15/hour that all team leaders pay also goes up with each raise. Again, that what I have heard. But that could be wrong.

I’m an APTL and make $18/hour. From my understanding, if the information is correct that I have been hearing, when the Target Minimum wage goes up to $15/hour that all team leaders pay also goes up with each raise. Again, that what I have heard. But that could be wrong.
Base pay goes up. Just like with TMs, if you’re over the new base, you don’t get shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back