COVID-19 Team Member health: how are you and others in your workcenter managing?

I'm just so tired. It's been getting harder and harder to get up every day, and I feel super out of it at work. I'm tired of dealing with boomers who refuse to stay 6 feet away, TMs who act like it's my fault we're open, Karens who are sooooooo scared of COVID that they're wearing gloves and masks but are still coming to walk up and down every aisle aimlessly... it's just very frustrating and exhausting.

A couple came in tonight. She was all masked up. They left with a cart full of stuff to redecorate their bathroom. I’m glad I was closing registers because I was livid.

We’re essential because of the pharmacy and food, NOT so you can redecorate while you’re bored at home.

My nose tends to run at Target. I don't think that the merch from China makes people sick.

There's no way the stuff from China is making people sick. Even if the virus could survive week(s) in transit (it can't), much of the stuff we're selling was manufactured either in other places or before the epidemic hit in China and is making its way through the end of the supply chain.

I tend to get a runny/itchy nose at work, too. I assume it has to do with freight and the backrooms being dusty and whatnot.

I'm just so tired. It's been getting harder and harder to get up every day, and I feel super out of it at work. I'm tired of dealing with boomers who refuse to stay 6 feet away, TMs who act like it's my fault we're open, Karens who are sooooooo scared of COVID that they're wearing gloves and masks but are still coming to walk up and down every aisle aimlessly... it's just very frustrating and exhausting.
Very few folks 55+ at my store. It's mostly people in their 20s, 30s, and 40s, many with their pre-teen or younger children.

There's no way the stuff from China is making people sick. Even if the virus could survive week(s) in transit (it can't), much of the stuff we're selling was manufactured either in other places or before the epidemic hit in China and is making its way through the end of the supply chain.

I tend to get a runny/itchy nose at work, too. I assume it has to do with freight and the backrooms being dusty and whatnot.
It could also be due to the cleaning & chemicals. Allergy season is starting in my area.

Take a day off and reset. This is exactly the perfect time to take a mental health day. You can’t be good for anyone else if you aren’t good to yourself first.

Although our SD says sales are close to goal, the actual volume of guests shopping is far, far below the norm. Per-guest sales tickets are higher. Many carts are full of groceries. It is surprising that some of the Karens who are now confined to home are spending a lot on home decor stuff and trinkets.

One curiosity of all this is that while I've been able to volunteer for extra hours, at other times I've been turned down for extra hours as our transaction volume (even with extremely frequent and thorough cleaning) is pretty modest. They have been hiring more TMs in spite of this. Given the staggering numbers of people being tossed out of their jobs over the past 4 weeks, perhaps the purpose of the aggressive "we're hiring" at Target (and at retail competitors like Target, CVS and others) is to eventually force out the existing TMs in favor of newbies as the COVID-19 pandemic stabilizes and the US economy is full of jobless workers and a recessionary economy. Maybe I'm a bit too cynical, but honestly can anyone really see much need for hiring more store-level TMs even with higher-than-average callouts and some LOAs?

Personally I'm faring okay and pretty cheerful at work. My co-workers generally like me, although I'm not in the "preferred" clique at our store. Anyway, I seem to retain quirky humor and a folksy smile. :p But do not misunderstand: before every shift I do wrestle with real fear about interacting with the public and coming down with this horrible illness for which no known cure exists.

Our store is two floors underground in a shopping center, so air ventilation is very poor. I always have allergy symptoms, I'm sure that makes others uneasy lol.

Back