Archived Team Member Training New Team Lead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everybody!

I was just curious as to if anyone has/had ever trained a TL in their days of being a TM?

Back when I was just a Team Member I applied for a GSTL position and one of the other applicants got the job over me. I was a little upset considering I was pretty much told I had it in the bag and in my eyes(yes biased towards myself), I had the biggest upside but that is behind me. The thing that really got me mad was that I worked a closing weekend and trained her 3 days in a row on that very busy closing weekend teaching her how to run the front. Everything from breaks/lunches, getting every closing task done, close the registers, and everything else that comes with the job. Why would they give the job to someone and then have them trained by someone they beat out? I was a little confused. This was a while back and I've become a GSTL since and I love working with her so theres no hard feelings, just want to know if anyone else has done this or seen this happen! Thanks for your stories!

I have trained a many FATLs. But here is the funny story, I had been the most experienced FATM at my store and was asked to be the temp FATL numerous times, yet I was never interviewed. And neither were any other store TMs. Usually all the new FATLs were external hires or transfers. However, there would be many reasons or incidents they would leave the store or fired from the company.

This was one of many major store practices on why I left Target.

that's insane to me. These past two weeks have been incredibly slow and we're missing sales and we'll still have 700k a week. I would be so bored working at a lower volume store.
HEHE you say that....you wont be bored when you have to zone half of hardlines, be 1 of 3 people answering backup calls and doing reshop for all of hardlines +)

My home store is A+ volume so we make a ridiculous amount of money weekly and it's mirrored on payroll. The store I work at while I am away at college does half the sales and I am much more stressed at this store because of the minimal payroll. I would choose the higher volume store any day because of the payroll benefits. I would rather have 250k projected with 5-6 closing HL team members than 50k projected with 3 closing HL team members.

That is just my personal preference.

My home store is A+ volume so we make a ridiculous amount of money weekly and it's mirrored on payroll. The store I work at while I am away at college does half the sales and I am much more stressed at this store because of the minimal payroll. I would choose the higher volume store any day because of the payroll benefits. I would rather have 250k projected with 5-6 closing HL team members than 50k projected with 3 closing HL team members.

We have 150k projected with TWO opening and TWO closing in hardlines..for the forseeable future..SMH

We have 150k projected with TWO opening and TWO closing in hardlines..for the forseeable future..SMH

Yippee! We cut staff too... Then we sent some staff to a bigger store who needed help & had hours for my team.

Yippee! We cut staff too... Then we sent some staff to a bigger store who needed help & had hours for my team.

Hardlines- You mentioning sending your team to other stores for hours reminded me of this.. Quite a different situation though... About a year ago my home store had a funeral for a TL that was very beloved and most everyone knew her closely so they gave us all the day off and filled the store with TM's from surrounding stores so we could attend the funeral.

Have any of you ever had an event like this where all or most of your team were given the day for something?

Yippee! We cut staff too... Then we sent some staff to a bigger store who needed help & had hours for my team.[/QUOTE]

Hardlines- You mentioning sending your team to other stores for hours reminded me of this.. Quite a different situation though... About a year ago my home store had a funeral for a TL that was very beloved and most everyone knew her closely so they gave us all the day off and filled the store with TM's from surrounding stores so we could attend the funeral.

Have any of you ever had an event like this where all or most of your team were given the day for something?[/QUOTE]

No, it has not happened at our store recently. Last time, was a few years ago. Very sad, we weren't told of a great tm passing until his family got back from their home country. He was loa for a few weeks at the time.

Last edited:
I had to train a TL on how to answer the phones on the salesfloor once. I also had to tell another TL what a code green meant.(both were Overnight TMs who transferred to dayside TL positions after we lost a couple TLs)

I had to train a TL on how to answer the phones on the salesfloor once. I also had to tell another TL what a code green meant.(both were Overnight TMs who transferred to dayside TL positions after we lost a couple TLs)
Reminds me of the time one of our SrTLs had no idea how to pick up the night ring from a red phone. Luckily I knew how.

Yes, we've had a few instances where our team went to another store to cover and recently had other stores come into my store to cover because of funerals. We also send TMs to a college town nearby for BTS coverage. We're a very tightknit district, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back