Archived "Team Satan" Shirt / Religious Shirts

Are religious shirts okay at Target?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter

Target is Nonsense
HR wouldn't give me a straight answer. I'm actually literally for real a member of the Satanic Temple. I have a red shirt that says "TEAM SATAN".

Anyone have any experience wearing religious shirts? The handbook just says target is super inclusive. But I'm worried HR will come after me, does she actually have any ground to stand on?

Thanks!

A Friendly Satanist

Is there a bridge nearby? I smell troll.

But no, you cannot wear a shirt that says 'TEAM SATAN' at Target. In fact, you aren't supposed to wear ANY shirts with logos, unless it's the bullseye.

Last edited:
I play it this way. I don't want to see anything with Jesus so I leave the my anti religion shirts at home.. So no one can say "Well they worse so and so, why can't I wear this or that?"

Leave politics and religion at home.. Unless they ask, then clean and gut them with your reasons religion is bullshit.

At my store, it must be solid red shirt or a target brand logo shirt. I could imagine the negative survey scores on wearing that shirt with the bathroom folks. Keep the shirt at home.

Last edited:
We all wear shirts with logos, I usually wear a game of thrones shirt. "Team Satan" is not a licensed or copy righted logo, so it might actually be more allowed than my current shirt. I only know of one team person who uses the bullseye shop, and he's a team lead. Everyone else wears their own shirts.

I've worked at target for a year and a half. Really appreciating how friendly people are on here so far... I just started using this. I'm planning on quitting this month anyway. I've talked to some other stores and they seem okay, apparently my store is just a shit show. Egoistical STL, inexperienced ETLs, people constantly having to report to the integrity hotline. It's all politics and stress there. Just wanted to bring something fun for me at work to express myself. And Target already brings religion and politics to work, they're an openly liberal as a corporation.

A guest may deem you unapproachable with the end to end thing going on.
But like, that's their judgment. We have team members who wear a hijab, and ones that wear crosses and other stuff, ones with purple hair or tattoos, if a guest finds them unapproachable then that guest is just kind of a close minded person. If anything it would be HRs job to explain to that guest that target is an all inclusive company?

I mostly just want to know if its technically allowed, HR wouldn't give me an answer, so I'm assuming it is but she just doesn't want me to. Which feels like manipulation, which is ridiculous.

I'm pretty sure if you tried to wear it at my store, they'd ask you to either a) turn it inside out, or b) offer you an actual Bullseye Shop Target shirt if they had some.

I would say don't try it. It's pretty not so smart.

Wear your red hat and red satan shirt. Sounds like you already question authority and made up your mind on Target. I think your just some dude who sits on his computer and tries to stir the pot on whatever you can anonymously expecting people to take you seriously. Can I suggest Chick-fil-a on your next employment adventure? Maybe you can get them to let you wear an anti-christ patch on your uniform.

Last edited:
Sorry but probably would not be allowed.

Shirts must be solid in color. Any graphics, brand, or logos must be small enough to be covered or insignificant.

Target T-Shirts are the only acceptable logo shirts.

Target does not want to look like they identify or sponsor any brand or organization. Or appear offensive to any guests.

Is the no logos thing ASANTS tho because I've worn a homestuck shirt, nekoma hs shirt, 30 seconds to mars shirt, a shirt w a christmas pun and that "gods gift to women" sweater and no ones said anything

nor do i wear a name tag unless theres a visit

personally i wouldnt wear a team satan shirt because i hate confrontation esp w guests because i will n e v e r win even if theyre in the wrong but you do you op

Technically shirts must be a solid color. I know a lot of times, at least at my store, almost everyone will wear PINK shirts or other red shirts with a giant brand on them and no one says anything. However - these other religious symbols you are mentioning (hijab, cross, etc.) those are not shirts. They are "accessories"(for lack of a better term), so they are different than wearing a religious shirt. There is no rule against accessories. I would just say if you really wanna go for it, go ahead, but don't be surprised if they decide to suddenly enforce the "solid color" rule and tell you that you need to change. You won't be able to argue it because it literally says in the handbook.
Unfortunately I'm not sure if we would be having this discussion if you wanted to wear say a red shirt with a logo to the Christian church you go to. I understand that a religion is a religion no matter what you believe. However most people don't think that way - they think their religion is the "right" one and should be the only one.
(My mom is a satanist and has many satanic tattoos but has never had a problem at her job or anywhere though)

If you wanted to wear the Sigal of Baphomet as a necklace or ring they really couldn't say anything.
Well they might but if other people are wearing crosses they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.
The problem with ASANTS where some stores let people wear shirts with logos and others don't is that official store policy is you aren't supposed to.
If you pushed it, I suspect suddenly nobody could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back